Highlights of JEE Main 2016 Information
1) The admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by several participating State Governments, and several other Institutions shall include the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
2) For admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in class 12th or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE(Main). The weightage to school Board/Equivalent examination marks shall be considered only after normalization.
3) The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) -2016 application form online.
4) The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
5) 2 lakh students will be selected for JEE Advanced 2016 through the JEE Main 2016 ranks.
Important JEE Main 2016 dates
|JEE 2016 Event||Dates|
|Start of JEE 2016 Online Applications||December 1st, 2015|
|JEE Main 2016 Exam (1 & 2, Paper based)||April 3rd, 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 Online test||April 9th and 10th, 2016|
For All Undergraduate Engineering Courses
Objective type with equal
weightage all subject
|Both Online and Offline exam|
|Only pen and paper based exam.|
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS AND AGE LIMIT FOR THE STATES OF ODISHA
Since the State of Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system, the age limit, for admission to institutions in the state of Odisha which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
YEAR OF APPEARANCE IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION (QE)
1) Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
2) Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
3) The candidates who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
4) The candidates willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2016 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board. Further, they may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE (Main) and also in JEE (Advanced). The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2015 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2016) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION –
1)Online application has to be submitted through JEE (Main) -2016 website www.jeemain.nic.in.
2)The aspiring candidate should furnish all the details and upload scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression while filling up the ‘On-line’ Application.
3) Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated acknowledgment slip after successful submission of data and payment of fee and keep the same in the safe custody for any future reference.
4) Important Note- The entire application process is online, including uploading of photograph & signature and payment of fee the candidates are required NOT to send any document to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
Steps to be followed to apply online.
Step 1: Download the information bulletin and read it carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Step 2: Read the contents of Online Format and instructions for applying online given in the Information Bulletin and keep the entire information ready.
Step 3: Keep the Scanned Images of your Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression ready in JPG format only.
Step 4: Fill in the Online Application Form.
Step 5: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
Step 6: Pay Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or e-challan (generated after submission of details in online application form).
Step 7: Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep the same in safe custody for future reference.
NOTE- The candidate should mention only his/her own Mobile No. and E- Mail ID while submitting the ON-line application, as all the communications will be sent to the candidates on their registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID only.