Highlights of JEE Main 2017 Information
1) The admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by several participating State Governments, and several other Institutions shall include the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
2) The weightage of 12th marks will not be considered for calculating JEE Main score from 2017.
No weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE Main exam 2017
3) The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) -2017 application form online.
4) The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
5) 2.2 lakh students will be selected for JEE Advanced 2017 through the JEE Main 2017 ranks.
6) All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)–2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
7) Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
8) In order to facilitiate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. The list of the facilitation centre is available here. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID (with slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
9) The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
10) The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only
Important JEE Main 2017 dates
|Official notification release||November, 2016|
|Application form release||first week of December, 2016|
|Application form correction window||one week in the second half of January, 2017|
|Release of Admit Card||first week of March, 2017|
|JEE Main offline exam (Pen and Paper Based exam)||2nd April 2017|
|JEE Main online exam (Computer Based exam)||08/04/2017
|Result declaration||27th April 2017|
|Counselling schedule||first week of July, 2017|
For All Undergraduate Engineering Courses
Objective type with equal
weightage all subject
|Both Online and Offline exam|
|Only pen and paper based exam.|
Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS AND AGE LIMIT FOR THE STATES OF ODISHA
Since the State of Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system, the age limit, for admission to institutions in the state of Odisha which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
YEAR OF APPEARANCE IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION (QE)
1) Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2017.
2) The candidates who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not pass in 2014, but passed in 2015 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2017.
4) The candidates willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2017 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board. Further, they may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in in JEE (Advanced). The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2015 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2016) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION –
1)Online application has to be submitted through JEE (Main) -2017 website www.jeemain.nic.in.
2)The aspiring candidate should furnish all the details and upload scanned image of his/her photograph, signature while filling up the ‘On-line’ Application.
3) Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated acknowledgment slip after successful submission of data and payment of fee and keep the same in the safe custody for any future reference.
4) Important Note- The entire application process is online, including uploading of photograph & signature and payment of fee the candidates are required NOT to send any document to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
5) AADHAR No is mandatory for the Application form.
Steps to be followed to apply online.
Step 1: Download the information bulletin and read it carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Step 2: Read the contents of Online Format and instructions for applying online given in the Information Bulletin and keep the entire information ready.
Step 3: Keep the Scanned Images of your Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression ready in JPG format only.
Step 4: Fill in the Online Application Form.
Step 5: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
Step 6: Pay Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or e-challan (generated after submission of details in online application form).
Step 7: Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep the same in safe custody for future reference.
NOTE- The candidate should mention only his/her own Mobile No. and E- Mail ID while submitting the ON-line application, as all the communications will be sent to the candidates on their registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID only.
You may like these post on how to prepare for jee Main
Past year paper from Jee Main Site
Important FAQ about AADHAAR requirement for Jee Main 2017
Candidate who have recently submitted the request for updation in Aadhaar details (including biometric updation) and unable to apply with the updated Aadhaar Card Details
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE (Main) by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. (Including slash) printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
Aadhaar authentication may be failed in the first step of application submission due to following reason:-
a. The candidate has not entered the details exactly same as mentioned on their Aadhaar card.
b. The candidate’s biometric is not updated in Aadhaar.
a. The candidates should verify whether they have entered the details exactly same as mentioned on their Aadhaar card.
b. Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre for biometric updation and apply for JEE (Main) by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. (Including slash) printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
The date of birth is not fully or incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is mentioned.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE (Main) by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. (Including slash) printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
The name of the candidate in Aadhaar in not exactly similar or not in same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE (Main) by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrollment ID/UR No. (Including slash) printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill the form of JEE (Main) with old details in Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE (Main) at later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
The name of father/ mother is not exactly same as in school records.
The address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason.
These particular are not being matched with Aadhaar data so the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since CBSE do not send any communication on the candidates’ address.
How the Candidates of Assam/J&K/Meghalaya having no Aadhaar Card can apply for JEE (Main)-2017?
Candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number,
bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Can the Candidates of Assam/J&K/Meghalaya having Aadhaar Card choose Examination Centre across India in JEE (Main)-2017?
Candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya having Aadhaar Card can choose the Examination Centre across India. Candidate must ensure that Name, date of
birth & gender in online application for JEE (Main) 2017 must be same in X,XII Certificate/Marksheet and Aadhaar Card details for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication.
How the Candidates outside India (PIO/OCI/NRI) can apply for JEE (Main)-2017 without Aadhaar?
Candidates outside India may apply through Passport details.
Whether Aadhaar is mandatory for applying for JEE (Main).
The Public Notice about Requirment of Aadhaar (clarification) may be seen on the website
Analysis of Jee Main 2016 paper to help in your preparation
Hope you like the post on JEE Main 2017 Information, Exam Dates, Eligibility. Please do provide feedback