Introduction to WBJEE 2017
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was formed in the year 1962 for the purpose of holding Common Entrance Examinations for admission to the Undergraduate Level Engineering Courses in the State of West Bengal.
- For the 2017–2018 academic session, the Board will conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the State
- Every year a large number of candidates applied for this examination to get the admission into this university.
- Application for WBJEE-2017 has to be done online only. There is no printed application form.
Important Criteria sheet
|Program||Eligibilty Criteria||Duration (Yrs)|
Important dates for WBJEE 2017
|Start of Online form fill-up||05/01/2017|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||04/02/2017|
|Window for correction by candidates||06/02/17 to 08/02/17|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card in www.wbjeeb.nic.in||12/04/2017 (tentative)|
|Date of Examinations: Paper-I (Mathematics) Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||23/04/2017 11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Publication of Results||05/06/2017 (tentative)|
How to apply for WBJEE 2017 Online Application Form
1) Go to the official web portal at http://wbjeeb.nic.in/webinfoexam/public/home.aspx
2) Click on the link “Apply for WBJEE 2017”.
After that 4 Simple Steps to be followed
Step 1: Online filling of Application Form:
Candidates will be required to fill the online application form. After successful submission, an Application number gets generated that will be used for future reference. During form filling, candidate is also required to choose PASSWORD. For subsequent login, system generated Application No. and chosen Password will be used instead of Date of Birth.
Step 2: Online Uploading of Scanned Images:
• The following images in JPG / JPEG format are required to upload in one-go. Partial uploading of documents is not allowed.
• Uploading of scanned Photograph, Signature and Thumb impression are mandatory for all candidates.
• Scanned Images should be in JPG format. Candidates are required to upload all above images in one-go. Partial uploading is not allowed.
• Size of photograph should be between 4 to 100 kb (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm), Signature and Thumb impression should be between 1 to 30 kb (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm).
Step 3: Fee Payment:
• Payment by Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking: The candidate has to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the fee and follow the instruction to complete the payment process. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the “Confirmation Page”.
• Payment by Allahabad Bank Challan: The candidate has to select Allahabad Challan mode to deposit the fee. As soon as he/she selects the option, an Challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount (in INR) to be paid. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the Allahabad branch for making payment. After payment, candidates are required to visit again the website and take the print of the “Confirmation Page”. Candidates are not required to send any document manually to WBJEEB Board. At the time of counselling, candidates have to produce original copy of their uploaded images/certificate.
Step 4: Downloading of Confirmation Page:
Download and keep a copy of the confirmation page. IT’S MUST FOR ALL FUTURE REFERENCE.
Application Fee Required:-
Examination Fees (in Indian Rupees) for WBJEE -2017 is Rs. 500/- plus bank charges.
- All Questions based on Class XI and XII standard.
- Question paper will be objective type.
- Examination will havetwo papers: Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I– Questions will be asked fromMathematics.
- Paper II– Questions will be asked fromPhysics and Chemistry.
- In both the paper questions will be divided into three categories: Category 1, Category 2 and Category 3.
|Subject||Cat-1||Cat-2||Cat-3||No. Of Questions||Total Marks|
For Category 1– One mark will be awarded for each right answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For Category 2- Two marks will be awarded for each right answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For Category 3- For two right answers, 2 marks will be given. Suppose a question has two answers and a candidate attempt one right and one wrong, then no marks will be awarded. Formula= 2 x (no. Of correct response/ total no. Of correct options).