- VITEEE 2018 is the VIT University engineering entrance exam for students seeking admission to the first year engineering programme in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT).
- VITEEE is a computer based exam which is conducted yearly to seek admission to Vellore Institute of Technology for its Vellore & Chennai Campus.
- VIT university offers 20 Undergraduate, 34 Postgraduate, 4 Integrated & 4 Research programmes.
- There are nearly 5,000 B.Tech seats for which around two lakh candidates register and appear every year.
1)Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018
2) Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
3) The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
4) Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
5) ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018
|Important touch points||Date|
|Start of VITEEE Application Form availability||Ist November 2017|
|Last date for issue/receipt of application forms||28th February 2018|
|Last date for editing submitted application form .This is for online application||28th February 2018|
|CBT Slot Booking||3rd week of March, 2018|
|Admit card download||During slot booking|
|VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2018)||4th April 2018 to 15th April 2018|
· I Session – 9.00 am to 11.30 am
· II Session – 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm
· III Session – 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|Entrance exam result||On or before 24th April 2018|
|Counselling||2nd week of May 2018|
|Fees of online application||Rs 960|
|Examination pattern||There will be all objective type questions.|
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Total Questions: 125
Physics (40 questions -1 mark each)
Chemistry (40 questions -1 mark each)
Mathematics/Biology (40 questions -1 mark each)
English: 5 questions (New addition from this year).
Highlights of VITEEE 2018
- No Negative Marking will be in VITEEE 2018
- Candidates who did 12th from NIOS will also be eligible to appear in VITEEE 2018.
For more information ,please visit the site
Related Competition Articles