In this page we have Important Questions for Class 10 Acid Base and Salts -1 . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social shar
and comment at the end of the page.
One Marks Questions
- What is a neutralization reaction?
- What will be the products of the following reaction?
HCI + NaOH
- pH stands for the negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration. True or false
- Name two indicators which are widely used in laboratories.
- What is brine?
- A solution turns red litmus blue. Is the solution acid or a base?
- What happens to the temperature of water when few drops of concentrated sulphuric acid is added to it?
- Which compound of sodium is used for softening of hard water?
- Does distilled water conduct electricity?
- What are olfactory indicators? Give an example.
- What is the chemical formula for baking soda
- What is the organic acid present in tomato?
Two Marks Questions
- What are indicators?
- What would happen if a small amount of copper oxide is taken in a beaker and dilute HCI is added to it?
- What is the 'pH' of pure water and that of rain water? Elaborate it
- How does plaster of Paris reacts with water? Write down the chemical equation?
- What is dilute? Why care must be taken while mixing concentrated nitric acid or sulphuric acid with water?
- On which factors does the strength of an acid or a base depend? Explain.
- Name the common acid-base indicators used in the laboratory with their color change.
Four Marks Questions
A) Explain the following by giving examples
- How metal oxides react with acids?
- How non- metal oxides react with base?
B) Explain the terms with examples
- Acid Salt
- Normal Salt
- Basic salt
- Double salt
- Mixed salt
1) Why does acidic solution conduct electricity?
2) Can basic solution conduct electricity?
3) Can separation of H+ ions in acids take place when HCI is added to a non- aqueous solution?
4) While diluting an acid, why is it recommended that the acid should be added to water and not water to the acid?
Five Marks Questions
1) (a)What is pH scale and what’s its range? How is it related to hydronium ion concentration?
(b)Explain any two roles played by pH levels of various chemicals in living organisms.
2) Plaster of Paris should be stored in a moisture-proof container. Explain why?
Go Back to Class 10 Maths Home page
Go Back to Class 10 Science Home page