This page contains Diversity in living organisms class 9 important questions. This is a class 9 biology chapter. For good datailed notes on this chapter please visit link Diversity in living organisms class 9 notes.
- Will advanced organisms be the same as complex organisms? Why?
- Define the taxonomic hierarchy? Write the name of categories?
- On what basis all organisms are divided into five kingdoms?
- What are the advantages of the scientific name?
- Name the scientific name of the tiger, man, mango, liver fluke and cockroach?
- Differentiate between plant and an animal?
- Differentiate between Monera and Protista?
- Why fungi are called saprophytes?
- What are lichens?
- Explain the symbiotic relationship and saprophytic?
- Describe binomial nomenclature?
- Who gave five and six-kingdom classification?
- Differentiate between monocotyledons and dicotyledonous?
- Differentiate between cryptogammae and phanerogammae?
- What are cotyledons?
- Why Bryophytes are called amphibians of plant kingdom?
- Name the division in which following plants belong: Marchantia, Marsilea, wheat, Maize, Pinus, Ulothrix, Cladophora
- Differentiate between Pteridophyta and Gymnosperms?
- What is thallus and rhizoids?
- On what basis different plants are divided into five division?
- Which division in plants having primitive organisms?
- Differentiate between Gymnosperms and Angiosperms?
- Name the phylum to which the following organism are related:
Sycon, Jellyfish, Starfish, Seahorse, Leech, Prawn, Tapeworm
- Differentiate between diplobastic and triploblastic organisms?
- What is coelome?
- What is hemocoel?
- What are the differences between amphibians and reptiles?
- How are oviparous and viviparous animals different from each other?
- Why are mammals so-called?
- State the phylum to which centipede and prawn belong?
- Give two differences between cartilaginous and bony fishes?
- What is notochord? Write its function?
- Differentiate between annelids and arthropods?
- Why do we keep snake and turtle in the same class?
- What are hermaphrodite?
- Write the characteristics of chordate?
- What is notochord?
- List a few flight adaptation in birds?
- What is pseudocoel?
- Name the phylum which has the following characteristics: (a) Water canal system (b) Segmented body with jointed legs (c) The body having a calcareous shell
1. Oswaal CBSE Question Bank Class 9 Science…
2. Biology for Class 9
Download this assignment as PDF
diversity in living organisms class 9 important questions pdf download