This article is about Laws of motion practice paper for class 11 physics. These are a set of 10 questions which you can use as a practice test after completing your chapter. You can print this article. Try to complete these questions in one hour time frame.
Units and measurements assignment
Dimensional analysis worksheet
dimensional analysis practice problems
Laws of motion practice paper
Question 1 A piece of cork is floating on water. What is the net force acting on it.
Question 2 Why is that an athlete always runs some distance before taking the jump.
Question 3 A stone thrown on a glass window smashes the window pane into pieces, but a bullet from the gun passes through making a clean hole. Why?
Question 4 A thief jumps upper story of a house with a load on his back. What is the force of the load on his back when the thief is in the air?
Question 5 A block of mass $M$ is pulled along a horizontal friction-less surface by the rope of mass $m$. A force $P$ is applied at the free end of the rope. Find the force exerted by the rope on the block.
Question 6 State Newton’s third law of motion and drive law of conservation of linear momentum from it.
Question 7 Distinguish between static friction, limiting friction and kinetic friction. How do they vary with applied force, explain by diagram.
Question 8 What is meant by banking of roads? Obtain an expression for the maximum speed with which a vehicle can safely negotiate a curved road banked at an angle $theta$. The coefficient of friction between the wheels and the road is $mu$.
Question 9 When an automobile moving with a speed of 36 km/h reaches an upward inclined road of angle $30^0$, its engine is switched off. If the coefficient of friction involved is 0.1 , how much distance will the automobile move before coming to the rest.
Question 10 Define the term impulse. Give its SI unit. Prove that the impulse of a force is equal to the change in the momentum.
Hope you like this Laws of motion practice paper for class 11 physics. Please share it with your friends and spread a word about us.
Recommended Physics books for class 11
- Principles of Physics Extended (International Student Version) (WSE)
- university physics with modern physics by Hugh D. Young 13th edition
- NCERT Exemplar Problems: Solutions Physics Class 11
- H.C. Verma Concepts of Physics – Vol. 1
- CBSE All in One Physics Class 11 by Arihant
- NCERT Solutions: Physics Class 11th
- New Simplified Physics: A Reference Book for Class 11 (Set of 2 Parts)
- Pradeep’s A Text Book of Physics with Value Based Questions – Class XI (Set of 2 Volumes)
- Oswaal CBSE Sample Question Papers For Class 11 Physics (For 2016 Exams)