- The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C.
- A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for their repairs and maintainance during their use.
- Wide range of voltages are obtained by the use of transformer.
- The magnitude of current can be reduced by using an inductance or a conductor without any appreciable loss of energy
- A.C. can easily be converted into D.C. with the help of rectifiers.
- When A.C. is supplied at higher voltages in long distance transmission , the line losses are small compared to a D.C. transmission
- Peak value of A.C. is high and it is dangerous to use so better insulation is required.
- It attracts person who touches it unlike D.C. which gives a repelling shock.
- An A.C. is transmitted from surface of the conductor and hence need several strands of thin wires insulated from each other.