Solve assertion-reason type questions
Assertion reason type questions comes in almost all exams .So assertion reason questions are important for success for getting good ranks
Assertion reason type question has these five different cases
1. Both assertion and reason are true, reason is correct explanation of assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true but reason is not a correct explaination the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but reason is true.
5. Both are false.
Assertion reason type of questions test only the concepts of the students. A reasonably well-prepared student can answer assertion reason type questions in a matter of a few seconds.
Here are the steps to move forward
(a) First you need to read both the sentences to see if they are correct or incorrect. If you are able to find an incorrect statement, then you have automatically cracked the problem and This case falls under last three option. Now if option 5 is not present in your case,then just seeing one incorrect statement solve your question. Now if option 5 is present, you need to look at the correctness of the other statement also
(b) Now if you find that both the statements are correct, the option 1 and 2 comes under picture.It is the most confusing part for most of the students .The easiar ways to solve in that case to write like this <assertion statement > is true because < reason statement>. If that makes sense to you based on concept then option 1 is correct else option 2
Definately concept clarity is very important for solving these type of questions.
In case of Maths, you can use randomly substitute the values to find the correctness of the mathematical equations
[standout-css3-button href=”#”]Watch this as video[/standout-css3-button]
Here are some Examples for assertion reason questions
The following questions consists of two statements , Assertion and Reason. While answering these questions choose any of the following four responses
A. If both assertion and reason are true and the reason is correct explanation of assertion.
B. If both assertion and reason are true but reason is not a correct explanation of assertion.
C. If assertion is true and reason is false.
D. If both assertion and reason are false.
1. Assertion : In series LCR circuit , resonance occurs only at one frequency.
Reason : At this frequency inductive reactance is equal to capacitive reactance.
2. Assertion: Insulators do not allow the flow of current through themselves.
Reason: They have no free charge carriers.
3. Assertion : When temperature of cold junction of a thermocouple is lowered , the value of neutral temperature of this thermocouple is raised
Reason : When the difference of temperature of two junction is raised , more thermo e.m.f. is produced.
4. Assertion : If two parallel wires , hanging freely are connected to a battery in series , they come closer to each other.
Reason : Force of attraction acts between two wires crying charge
5. Assertion : If an electron and proton enter an electric field with equal energy , then path of electron is more curved then that of electron.
Reason : electrons has a tendency to form curve.
6)Assertion (A) : When lightning strikes, the sound is heard a little after the flash is seen.
Reason (R) : The velocity of light is greater than that of the sound.
3. d here both assertion and reason are not true
4. d when two long parallel wires are connected to battery in series they carry current in opposite direction and hence repel each other.
Hope you find this Useful.Please do provide the Feedback