VERY SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
In this page we have Class 10 Science Acid base and Salts Practice test Paper . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social shar
and comment at the end of the page.
1)Write the neutralization reaction of acids?
2) Write the name of the products obtained when zinc metal pieces are dropped into sodium hydroxide bottle.
3) What is the nature of baking soda?
4)What are olfactory indicators?
5) Write an equation for the action of dilute hydrochloric acid on marble chips.
6) Write the chemical name and formula of washing soda?
7) Write the preparation of sodium hydroxide?
8) Name the raw materials required to manufacture bleaching powder.
9) Write the chemical formula of plaster of paris and gypsum?
10) What happen when excess of CO2
passes from lime water?
11) Why does dry HCI gas not change the colour of the dry litmus paper?
12) What effect does the concentration of H+ (aq) have on acidic nature of the solution?
13) Write the reaction between dilute NaOH solution and dilute HCI acid.
14) Why does an aqueous solution of an acid conduct electricity?
15) What is chloro- alkali process.
16) Write the name and the chemical formula of the organic acid present in vinegar.
17) What are alkalies? Given one example of alkalies?
18) Is Water a strong acid or a weak acid?
19) What is the common name of the compound CaOCl2
20) Name the acids present in wasp sting.
21) what is the pH of a neutral solution?
22) Name two indicators which are widely used in laboratories.
23) What are olfactory indicators? Give an example
24) What is brine?
25) What happens to the temperature of water when few drops of concentrated sulphuric acid is added to it?
26) Which compound of sodium is used for softening of hard water?
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
1) Why do HCI, HNO3
etc., show acidic characters in aqueous solution while solutions of compounds like alcohol and glucose do not show acidic character?
2) What are hydronium ions?
3) What is meant by strong acids and weak acids? Classify the following into strong acids and weak acids :-
4) What happens when a solution of sodium hydrogen carbonate is heated? Write equation of the reaction is involved.
5) What happens when base react with non metal oxide?
6) What is water of crystallization? Give some examples of salt having water of crystallization? Give some example of salt having water of crystallization?
7) Classify each of the following substance as a weak acid, strong acid, weak base, strong base, both a weak acid and a weak base, or neither an acid nor a base :
8) What would happen if a small amount of copper oxide is taken in a beaker and dil. HCI is added to it?
9) How does plaster of paris reacts with water? Write down the chemical equation?
10) What is dilute? Why care must be taken while mixing concentrated nitric acid or sulphuric acid with water?
11) Show with the help of an equation show that metal carbonates liberate carbon dioxide on reaction with dilute acid.
12) Write the balanced molecular equations showing the complete neutralizations of the following.
13) Write the formulas of the acid and the base that formed the following salts.
14) Write two observations you would make when quicklime is added to water.
15) What are the uses of Bleaching powder?
16) State the chemical property in each case on which the following uses of baking soda are based :-
as an antacid
as a constituent of baking powder.
17) How is plaster of Paris obtained? What reaction is involved in the setting of a paste of plaster of Paris?
18) Acids show their properties only in the presence of water? explain?
19) A weak acid is added to a concentrated solution of hydrochloric acid. Does the solution become more or less acidic?
20) Write the chemical name and formula of washing soda. What happens when crystals of washing soda are exposed to air?
- Write word equations and then balanced equations for the reaction taking place when-
dilute sulphuric acid reacts with zinc granules.
dilute hydrochloric acid reacts with magnesium ribbon.Give two important uses of caustic soda and baking soda.
On which factors does the strength of an acid or a base depend? Explain.
22)Explain the following by giving examples:
a. how metal oxides react with acids?
b.How non- metal oxides react with baes?
23) a)Why does acidic solution conduct electricity?
(b)Can basic solution conduct electricity?
(c)Can separation of H+ ions in acids take place when HCI is added to a non- aqueous solution?
LONG ANSWER QUESTIONS
1) How common salt prepared from sea water?
2) What is observed when – (i) dilute sulphuric acid is added to solid sodium carbonate. (ii) hot concentrated sulphuric acid is added to sulphur. (iii) Sulphur doioxide is passed through lime water? Also write chemical equations to represent the chemical reaction taking place in each case.
3) A student dropped few pieces of marble in dilute hydrochloric acid, contained in a test tube. The evolved gas was then passed through lime water. What change would be observed in lime water? What will happen if excess of gas is passed through lime water? Write balanced chemical equations for all the changes observed.
4) A compound X of sodium forms a white powder. It is a constituent of baking powder and is used in some antacid prescriptions. When heated, X gives out a gas and steam. The gas forms a white precipitate with limewater. Write the chemical formula and name of X and the chemical equation for its decomposition on heating. What is its role in baking powder and in antacids?
- a milk man adds a very small amount of baking soda to fresh milk:
Why does he shift the pH of the fresh milk from 6 to slightly alkaline?
What do you expect to observe when fresh milk comes to boil?
Why does this milk take a long time to set as a curd?
6) With the help of activity show that mixing of acid in water is an exothermic process.
- Account for the following:
Dry HCl gas does not change the colour of dry litmus paper.
Antacid tablets are used by a person suffering from stomach pain.
Toothpaste is used for cleaning teeth.
8) (a)What is pH scale and what’s its range? How is it related to hydronium ion concentration?
(b)Explain any two roles played by pH levels of various chemicals in living organisms.
Go Back to Class 10 Maths Home page
Go Back to Class 10 Science Home page