1) The use of dry wood as domestic fuel is not considered as good. State two reasons for it.
2) What are the three disadvantages of burning fossil fuels?
3) Name four sources of energy which are pollution free.
4) Why is the solar cooker box covered with a plane glass plate?
5) What is solar panel?
6) Construction of dams submerges large areas of forests. How does this contribute to the greenhouse effect?
7) Write three different ways of harnessing energy from ocean.
8) Name the main constituent of biogas. and Name two combustible components of biogas.
9) What steps can help minimize environment pollution caused by burning of fossil fuels?
10) Why does acid rain happen?
11) How has the traditional use of wind and water energy been modified for our convenience?
12) Write the characteristic features of the micro – organisms which help in the production of biogas in a biogas plant.
13) Name four conventional sources of energy.
14) State the reason for calling fossil fuels as non – renewable source of energy.
15) Name the major constituent in natural gas.
16) Name the kind of energy possessed by wind and the device used to harness of biogas.
17) Blowing wind carries kinetic energy. Mention the two factors that causes winds to blow.
a) Name any two devices used to harness solar energy.
b) Name any one material used to make a solar cell and also mention the range of voltage produced by a typical cell.
19) Compare the energy produced during fission of a uranium atom with the energy produced with due to combustion of a carbon atom from coal.
a)Write any two advantages of using solar cells.
b) Write the special technique used for mounting solar cell panels. Mention its advantages.
21) Name the process that takes place in a nuclear reactor designed for electric power generation.
22)What are hot spots inside earth’s crust?
23) Explain the term ‘Hot Spots’ in the context of geothermal energy production.
24) Name any two nuclear fuels used for the process of nuclear fission.
25) Differentiate between renewable and non – renewable sources of energy with one example for each.
26) Explain why:
(i) Solar cooker are covered with glass plate.
(ii) The solar cooker is painted black from inside.
(iii) Out of two solar cookers one was covered by a plane glass slab and other was left open. Which of two solar cookers will be more efficient an
27) Write the general principle involved in generating nuclear energy? Name one fuel used in a nuclear reactor.
28) What kind of mirror – concave, convex or plain would be best suited for use in a solar cooker? Why?
29) Write two advantages of classifying energy sources as renewable and non – renewable.
30) State any four characteristics of a good source of energy.