Given below are the Class 9 Science Important Questions for CBSE Important Questions(Short questions) for Biological Diversity
a) Concepts questions
b) Calculation problems
c) Multiple choice questions
d) Long answer questions
e) Fill in the blank's
1. Rewrite the scientific names correctly
a) panther tigris
b) periplaneta Americana
2. Sate any two characteristics of mammalian. Name two egg laying mammals?
3. Define classification of organisms. Why do we need to classify them? Mention any two major characteristics used for classifying organisms?
4. What is meant by the term hermaphrodite?
5. Write three characteristics each of the following groups of animals:
6. What are the difference between amphibians and reptiles?
7. What are the main characteristics of Chordates?
8. Protochordates possesses a notochord in larval forms. Appraise the use of this feature in these animals?
9. Will advanced organisms be the same as complex organisms? If so why?
10. Give the appropriate term for each of the following
a) Complex sugar that make the fungal cell wall
b) Basic unit of classification
c) Plants which bear naked seeds
d) Group of unicellular eukaryotic organism
e) Blue-green algae
11. Draw a diagram of Euglena and label the following parts:
Flagellum, photoreceptor, eyespot, chloroplast, nucleus, contractile vacuole.
12. Explain the basis for grouping organisms into five kingdoms?
13. Bat can fly still it is placed in mammals? Why?
14. Name the carbon compounds which are used to form the endoskeleton and exoskeleton of animals?
15. State any three differences between cryptogamae and phanerogamae?
16. What was the modification introduced by Woese in kingdom Monera?
17. X, Y, and Z are living organisms.
a) Identify the group to which they belong on the basis of following features:
X – Microscopic, unicellular, prokaryotic.
Y - Microscopic, unicellular, eukaryotic and shows locomotion with the help of pseudopodia/flagella.
Z - Microscopic, eukaryotic, filamentous, autotropic and aquatic.
b) Which amongst the above is most advanced?
c) Name one organism each belonging to the groups of X, Y and Z.
18. What do you understand by diploblasty? Give one example of an organism which is diploblastic?
19. What are the differences between animals belonging to the Aves group and those in the Mammalia groups?
20. Identify the animal group having:
a) Bones light and hollow.
b) Soft body animals supported by calcareous shells.
c) Body spiny skinned and triploblastic.
d) Body is cylindrical rather than flattened.
e) Jointed legs.
f) Body differentiation in segmental fashion.
21. Which organisms are called primitive and how are they different from the so-called advanced organisms?
22. How do gymnosperms different from the phanerogams?
23. Name the cytoplasmic extension used by Amoeba for locomotion?
24. How do poriferan animal differ from coelenterate animals?
25. How do annelid animals differ from arthropods?
Go Back to Class 9 Maths Home page
Go Back to Class 9 Science Home page