Class 9 Science test full course test (unsolved)
- What are canal rays?
- If one atom contains one electron and one proton, will it carry any charge or not?
- What do you think would be the observation if the alpha-particles scattering experiment is carried out using a foil of a metal other than gold?
- Helium has an atomic mass of u and two protons in in its nucleus. How many neutrons does it have?
- If K and L shells of an atom are full, then what would be the total number of electrons in the atom?
- Write the electronic configuration of any one pair of isotopes.
- If Z=3 what would be the valency of the element? Also name the element.
- ‘Atoms of most elements are not able to exist independently.’ Name two elements which exist as independent atoms.
- Name one element which forms diatomic and tera atomic molecules?
- The chemical formula of oxide of an element ‘X’ is ‘X2O5’. Write the chemical formula of its chloride.
- An element ‘X’ has mass number 4 and atomic number 2. Find the valency of ‘X’.
- Hydrogen and oxygen combine in the ratio of 1:8 by mass to form water. What mass of oxygen gas would be required to react completely with 3 gm of hydrogen gas?
- Which postulate of Dalton’s theory can explain the law of definite proportions? Aluminium chloride and Sodium sulphide.
- Write down the name of compounds represented by Al2(SO4) and KNO3.
- How many atoms are present in a PO4-3 .
- Calculate the formula unit masses of ZnO and Na2O.
- Calculate the number of particles in 46 gm of Na atom.
- Convert 20 gm of water into mole.
- Give the name of elements present in quick lime and baking powder.
- What is the primary characteristic on which the first division of organisms was made?
- On what basis are plants and animals put into different categories.
- Which gas is the major component of the atmosphere of Venus and Mars?
- Name the winds which bring rain in India.
- Large scale deforestation should be stopped. List two reasons to justify this statement.
- Name two factors which are responsible for formation of the soil?
- Define biogeochemical cycle?
- Name two bacteria which are responsible for the nitrogen fixation.
- Name two nitrogen compounds obtained by industrial fixation?
- Define biosphere.
- In which kingdom will you place an organism which is single celled, eukaryotic and photosynthetic?
- How are fungi (i) similar and (ii) dissimilar to plants?
- Name a division of plants which can be classified as cryptogame?
- Name mammals that lay eggs?
- Who introduce binomial nomenclature?
- Which protozoan is responsible for sleeping culture in kala-azar?
- Write any two air borne diseases and water borne diseases?
- Write any two ways by which AIDS spread? What are the principle treatments of disease?
- Who discovered peptic ulcer? Write the name of its causative agent?
- What is reverberation?
- Give two principle application of reflection of sound waves?
Download this assignment as pdf
Class 9 Maths Home page
Class 9 Science Home page
- Why sound wave is called longitudinal wave?
- Which wave property determines (i) loudness and (ii) pitch?
- Define average power? Define 1kWh?
- What will be the kinetic energy of body when its mass is made four times and the velocity be doubled? Define Sonar?