In this page we have Class 9 Science TERM-1 SA -4 . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
1) The plant growth in a crop slowed down, and the stems and older leaves turned yellow. What type of fertilizer should the famer use to safeguard his crop?
2) Identify the solute and solvent in tincture of iodine.
3) What is the nature of the displacement- time graph for a body moving with uniform velocity, starting from rest?
4) What is the shape of the orbit of a planet revolving around the sun?
5) If RBC’s are place in a hypertonic solution and almonds in a hypotonic solution, what changes would you observe and why?
6) Which state of matter has:
i) Big inter- molecular spaces between particles
ii) Highest diffusability
iii) Highest fluidity
iv) Weak inter- molecular forces of attraction between particles
7) Define the following terms:
8) Given that the value of acceleration due to gravity on the surface of the moon is one- sixth of that on the surface of the earth, what is the mass of a body whose weight on the surface of the moon is equal to that of a 5kg body on the surface of the earth?
9) A body starts from rest and gains a velocity of 6 m/s in 2s of time. Find the acceleration of the body and its average velocity for the given time:
i) Define momentum of a body.
ii) A body of mass 5kg moving at 2m/s is stopped in 1s. find the retarding force on the body.
10) Give an example of selective hybridization between local and foreign breeds of cow to generate a new variety. Write any two characteristics taken into consideration.
11) What are the two tissues that prevent a plant from falling down on a windy day?
12) What is composite fish farming? Name the different species of fish used in it. how does it benefit the farmer?
13) What are the crops grown in the winter and rainy seasons called? What are the different crops that are grown in these seasons?
i)Define evaporation and explain the factors that affect the rate of evaporation.
ii)What are the fourth and fifth states of matter?
iii) What symbols are used to present following units: a) Kelvin b) pascal c) define sublimation.
15) In a long distance race the athletes were expected to take 4 rounds of the track such that the line of finish was same as the line of start. The length of the track was 200m.
a. What is the total distance to be covered by the athletes?
b. What is the displacement of the athletes when they touch the finish line?
c. Is the motion of athletes uniform or non-uniform?
16) A net force of 20 N is applied on a wooden block at rest. If the mass of the block is 5kg, find the acceleration on the block and its velocity at the end of 2s.
17) Calculate the mass of the moon from the given data. The acceleration due to gravity on the surface of the moon is 1.67m/s2, the radius of the moon is 1.74x 106m, and the universal gravitational constant is 6.67X10-11 N m2/kg2.
18) A stone is dropped from the top of a tower. Find its velocity and displacement at the end of 2s from its fall. (take g= 10 m/s2)
19) Identify the tissues and describe their functions:
i) Tissue with intercalated discs
ii) Striated cells
iii) Fluid tissue
20) Describe the process of fractional distillation with a diagram. What is the principle used? Give an example.
a) What are alloys? Give four examples.
b) Name the separation technique that you will use to separate:
Oil and water
Cream from milk
c) A 26 percent mass/ mass solution is made by dissolving “x” grams of glucose in 74 grams of water. What is the value of “x”?
21) A) Which would require a greater force- accelerating 2kg body at 3m/s2 or accelerating a 5kg at 1m/s2?
B) A force of 24 N produces an acceleration of 3m/s2 on a body of mass m1 and an acceleration of 2m/s2 on a body of mass m2. What acceleration does it produce when applied on a combination of the two bodies?
Which of the following has more inertia- 10kg cotton bale or 5kg iron block?
A cube having side length 5cm and density 40g/cm3 is placed on a smooth surface. Two forces of magnitudes 30 N and 20 N are applied on the cube in opposite directions. What is the net acceleration on the block?
22) Draw a diagram of the human cell and label the following parts:
a) Suicidal bags
b) Protein packaging unit
c) Brain of the cell
d) Powerhouse of the cell
e) Semi-permeable membrane
f) Draw and label the parts of a prokaryotic organism that does not have a well-defined nucleus.
g) Describe any three structures of the prokaryotic cell you drew in a) How do the structure differ from those in a eukaryotic cell?
Discuss the contribution of the following scientists to the field of biology:
h) Robert Hooke
i) Robert Brown
k) Rudolf Virchow
l) Watson and Crick
23) What is the fishing in saltwater regions like seas and oceans called?
24) A farmer’s crop soaked in water for one day due to a heavy downpour. The farmer dried the grains under sunlight for three days, and later sprayed methyl bromide gas. This process of spraying methyl bromide gas is called:
25) Grey iron filling s and yellow sulphur powder on heating in a fusion tube form a black mass. Which of the following statements is true?
i) It represents a physical change
ii) FeS disintegrates into Fe and S
iii) Iron sulphide is formed in the reaction
iv) Neither physical nor chemical change has taken place
26) Which of the following is not a unit of acceleration?
27) Which of the following is not a vector
28) Chalk powder and sand on mixing form a(n):
ii) Homogenous mixture
iii) Heterogeneous mixture
29) A mixture of acetone and water can be separated by:
30) The technique of centrifugation is based on the difference in:
i) Boiling points
iii) Density of particles
iv) Volatility of components
31) Which of the following represents a chemical change?
i) Evaporation of petrol from a fuel tank
ii) Casting of silver into medals
iii) Crystallization of sugar from sugar syrup
iv) Rusting of iron
32) Soap, chalk powder, quick lime and soil are added to water in four different beakers and mixed thoroughly. Which of them would not leave a residue on a filter paper?
i) Soap solution
ii) Chalk powder solution
iii) Lime solution
iv) Soil solution
33) Which of the following is the correct set of apparatus for the separation of sand and ammonium chloride?
i) Round bottomed flask, thermometer, water condenser, beaker
ii) China dish, tripod stand, wire gauge, funnel, cotton plug
iii) Glass jar, glass rod, paper strip
iv) Beaker, tripod stand, wire gauge, watch glass
34) The sequence of path travelled by the vapours in a distillation set-up is:
i) Distillation flask, water condenser, receiver flask
ii) Distillation flask, air condenser, receiver flask
iii) Receiver flask, water condenser, distillation flask
iv) Receiver flask, air condenser, distillation flask
35) Who expanded the cell theory by saying comniscellula-e-cellula?
iii) Rudolf Virchow
36) If the Golgi complexes are removed from a cell, what changes would you observe?
i) Endoplasmic reticulum does not synthesis proteins
ii) Cell wall does not form
iii) Lysosomes do not form
iv) Cytoplasm does not form
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 10 Maths
Class 10 Science