Highlight of NEET (UG) 2024
- NEET(UG) 2024 is the national level examination which will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental & other Colleges/ Institutes in India.
- The admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS. Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical Institute, they have qualify NEET (UG) examination.
- The NEET (UG) – 2024 will be conducted on 5th May (Sunday) 2024.
- The attempt limit has been removed from 2018. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET exam maximum times until the 25 years of age (30 years for SC/ST/OBC/PwD)
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) “Online” only. No offline application will be entertained
- Ayush admissions will also be through NEET 2024. Previously the NEET exam was only for MBBS and BDS admissions. But now, Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy admissions will also be conducted on the basis of NEET exam.
- Open school candidates and private candidates are not eligible. As per the amendment in Graduate Medical Education Regulations, Candidates who have passed 10+2 from NIOS or State Open School or as a private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET (UG). Furthermore, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on website only
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website
|Date of Examination
|5th May (Sunday) 2024.
|Duration of Examination
|180 minutes (03 hours)
|Timing of Examination
|02:00 pm to 05:00 pm
|Declaration of Result on NTA website
- Nationality:Candidates must be an Indian OCIs/NRIs/PIOs/FNs candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K:Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) based on self-declaration.
- Candidates must have born on or between 05.1993 and 01.01.2002 for General category.
- Candidates must have born on or between 05.1988 and 01.01.2002 for SC/ST/OBC/PwD category.
- Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required:In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2024 Exam Pattern
|Number of questions
|Types of Questions
|Physics, Chemistry ,Biology(Zoology & Botany)
|5th May (Sunday) 2024.
NEET Merit List 2024
The merit list of the eligible and successful candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of score obtained in the NEET (UG) – 2024. The list of successful candidates shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for he purpose of allotment of seats by Online Counselling to 15% All India Quota Seats.
MERIT LIST FOR SEATS OTHER THAN 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA (a) NTA will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India to provide the same to the Admitting Authorities. (b) Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities subject to their applicable rules. (c) The admitting/counselling authorities will draw merit list of the candidates in the respective categories declared by the candidates at the time of applying for admission/counselling based on State rules. During the counselling process, candidates have to pay the counselling fee and choose their preference for colleges. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of filled choices, rank and availability of seats in colleges.
Important FAQ for the NEET 2024
Question 1 What is the responsibility of NTA for NEET-UG, 2024?
Answer The responsibility of NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
Question 2 Which type of Disabilities are included for the benefits of PWD candidates
As required under PWD Act and refer to Appendix XIV of Information Bulletin.
Question 3 Can a candidate from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana eligible for 15% All India Quota seats?
Answer Yes. The Government of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana vide their letter no.13021/C1/2016 dated 06.11.2017 & letter no.7072/C1/2017 dated 07.11.2017 respectively have informed that Government of Andhra Pradesh and Government of Telangana have decided to join and contribute to the All India Quota seats. Accordingly, the candidates of these States have also become eligible for 15% All India Quota seats (As per letter No. F.No. V.26012/05.2017-MEP/MEC dated 10.01.2018, Directorate General Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Question 4 Who can appear in NEET-UG, 2024?
Indian Nationals Non Resident Indians (NRIs) Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs) Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) Foreign Nationals
Question 5 Who can appear in NEET-UG, 2024 for 15% All India Quota seats?
Answer Indian Nationals Non Resident Indians (NRIs) Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs) Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2024 for 15% All India Quota Seats.
Question 6 If a candidate is opting Oriya as medium of question paper, would he be eligible for 15% All India Quota?
Answer Candidates qualifying NEET would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium in which the examination is taken by a candidate, subject to other eligibility criteria.
Question 7 What is the number of attempts for appearing in NEET-UG?
Answer There is no cap for number of attempts.
Question 8 Through NEET-UG against which seats admissions will be made?
i. All India Quota Seats ii. State Government Quota Seats iii. Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities iv. State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University v. Central Pool Quota Seats
Question 9 Is there any seat in MBBS/BDS on which admission will be made without appearing in NEET-UG?
Answer No. Admissions in 100% MBBS/BDS seats will be done through the NEET-UG only.
Question 10 Is admission in AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry will also be through NEET-UG?
Question 11 In how many regional languages, NEET-UG, 2024 will be conducted?
Answer NEET-UG, 2024 will be conducted in the 11 languages
Question 12 If I am opting Assamese as language of question paper, can I get the centre of examination in Delhi?
Answer No. Allotment of medium of language would be State-specific. If any candidate is opting vernacular language as medium of question paper, he will be allotted centre only in respective States of particular vernacular language. In the present case, examination centre could be only in Assam
Question 13 If a candidate of Karnataka opting Delhi a centre and can opt for Kannada medium.
Answer No. Kannada medium can be available only in the Centre cities located in Karnataka.
Question 14 If a candidate is opting English as medium of question paper, in which language candidate will be provided Test Booklet?
Answer Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
Question 15 If a candidate is opting Hindi as medium of question paper, in which language candidate will be provided Test Booklet? Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided
Answer Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English. In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
Question 16 If a candidate is opting regional language as medium of question paper, in which language candidate will be provided Test Booklet?
Answer Candidates opting for regional languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in selected language and in English. In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
Question 17 Can I change the option of language once the form is submitted? Option once exercised,
Answer cannot be changed after submission of application form. As centres will be allotted based on medium of question paper, candidates need to be very careful in choosing of medium of question paper.
Question 18 Can CBSE fix the examination centre in any city other than the three options exercised by the candidates?
Answer Yes. Board reserves its discretion to fix the centre in other city than that of options exercised by the candidate.
Question 19 Is CBSE reserve its discretion not to fix the centre in a city which is given in the Appendix-II?
Question 20 From which city foreign nationals, OCIs & PIOs can appear in NEET-UG, 2020?
Answer They can choose any three cities as given in Appendix-II.
Question 21 Can a candidate opt Imphal as centre city if residing in Delhi?
Answer Candidates are advised to select the centre city in their State of residence or in neighbouring city only.
Question 22 Can a candidate change its centre city after allotment of roll number?
Answer In no case, centre city can be changed.
Question 23 How to fill up ‘online’ application form for NEET-UG 2024? Are there any guidelines for the students before filling the application form?
Answer Application form for NEET-UG can be submitted only online through website
Details are available under Chapter-4 “Mode of submission of Application Form and fee details” as provided in the Information Bulletin of NEET-UG 2024. Keep the correct details ready before submission of form after carefully reading of Information Bulletin.
Question 24 Whether the service of Common Services Centres is chargeable?
Answer Yes. For submission of application form only. Details are given in Chapter-12 of Information Bulletin.
Question 25 How to remit fee for NEET-UG 2024?
Answer The examination fee for NEET-UG 2024 can be remitted in the following manner: a)Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or b)Net Banking/UPI c)e-wallet of various service providers For details, please refer to Chapter-4 of Information Bulletin.
Question 26 If any candidate faces any problem in remittance of fee, to whom can he/she approach?
Answer Candidates can approach the concerned Banks on contact numbers which are available on the website of the NEET-UG, 2024.
Question 27 If a candidate for any reason not appearing or appeared in the examination, is there any provision for fee refund?
Answer No. Once the online application form is submitted successfully by the candidate, it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Question 28 If mistakenly during filling up of the form, wrong particulars are filled in the online form, how it will be corrected.
Answer Candidates are requested to read the Information Bulletin carefully before submission of application. They should keep the entire information ready as per Replica of NEET-UG, 2024. An opportunity after a week of last date will be given to the candidates for such corrections, if any. No correction will be allowed thereafter. All the information (especially in category) which is filled on the date of submission of form will be considered valid and no change is allowed later.
Question 29 Is it compulsory to take Maths if I want to appear in NEET-UG, 2024?
Answer Mathematics is not required for NEET-UG, 2024.
Question 30 Can a candidate, appearing in Class XII in the year 2024, is eligible to appear in NEET-UG, 2024?
Answer Yes, subject to fulfillment of minimum age as per the guidelines.
Question 31 Is the availability of forms will be online or can it be purchased from any bank or institution.
Answer The application forms are available online only. A candidate can apply by logging into website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Forms are not available in any bank or institution.
Question 32 Can one send confirmation Page of Application Form of NEET-UG, 2024 and how to send it?
Answer No, the candidates are NOT REQUIRED TO SEND the the Confirmation Page of the online application form or any document (s) to NEET-UG Unit.
Question 33 If a candidate born in USA and studied in India and holding OCI Card wants to apply for NEET-UG, 2024 is he/she is eligible for NEET-UG, 2024? Answer Yes. Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for appearing in the NEET-UG, 2024 and also eligible for seats under 15% All India Quota. Eligibility of OCI candidates for admission under seats in the control of States/Universities/Institutions shall be ascertained before applying for NEET-UG, 2024.
Question 34 What is the reservation criteria for seats falling under the jurisdiction of States?
Answer It is as per State Reservation Policy.
Question 35 What are the reservation criteria for 15% All India Quota seats?
Answer i)15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, ii)7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates, iii)27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR). iv) 5% seats are reserved for the candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
Question 36 What are the qualifying criteria of NEET-UG for preparing a merit list?
- Answer The Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates of NEET (UG) – 2024 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 under the Dentists Act, 1948.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS/BDS Courses held for the said academic year and in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile.
- In respect of the candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for General category candidates and 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. Please go through chapter 6 of the Information Bulletin for complete details.
Question 37 How the NTA will declare the result?
Answer NTA will declare the result based on the qualifying criteria provided by Medical/Dental Council of India wherein All India Rank will be given to the candidates in percentile rank.
Question 38 What is the meaning of percentile rank?
Answer A percentile rank is the percentage of score that fall below a given score in a group.
Question 39 How the merit list will be prepared by the States?
Answer States will prepare their own merit list based on All India Rank keeping in view the category of candidates.
Question 40 How the merit list will be prepared for 15% All India Quota seats?
Answer Based on All India Rank and the reservation roster provided by DGHS, merit list for All India quota will be prepared.
Question 41 What do the candidates need to bring to the exam centre?
Answer The candidate is required to bring following at the examination centre:- a)Admit Card along with passport size photograph affixed on it. b)One passport size photograph to be affixed on attendance sheet. Candidates are advised not to bring any other item at the examination centres. There will not be any arrangement for safe keeping of any material at the centre. Neither CBSE nor centre will be responsible for any loss, delay etc.
Question 42 Will any candidate be able to leave early if he finishes the test before the allocated test time?
Answer No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before the test concludes.
Question 43 If one does not get Admit Card, whom should he contact?
Answer Admit cards will not be sent to candidates. These will be uploaded on website. Candidates need to download the Admit Card from the website only.
Question 44 How will one know the result of the NEET-UG, 2024?
Answer The result of NEET-UG, 2024 will be uploaded on the website https://www.nta.ac.in/
Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on website?
Answer The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website https://www.nta.ac.in/ . For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with website.