Molecular basis of inheritance question bank
If a double stranded DNA has 20 percent of cytosine, calculate the percentage of adenine n the DNA.
Mention the importance of LH surge during menstrual cycle?
Briefly describe the following:
State Chargaff’s base complementarily rule
How does HIV differ from a bacteriophage?
Name the enzyme that is referred to as Ochoa enzyme.
Mention any two ways in which ingle nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) identified in human genome, can bring out revolutionary changes in biological and medical sciences?
How is repetitive/ satellite DNA separated from bulk genomic DNA for genetic experiments?
10. Mention how DNA polymorphism does arise in a population?
What is VNTR?
12. Protein synthesis machinery revolves around RNA but in the course of evolution it was replaced by DNA. Justify.
Give two reasons why both the strand of DNA are not copied during transcription.
14. Differentiate between a cistron and n exon.
15. State the difference between the structural genes in a transcription unit of prokaryotes ad Eukaryotes.
16. Distinguish between codons and anticodons.
17. Mention the role of ribosomes in peptide bond formation. how does ATP facilitate it?
Role of Ribosomes:
18. Why does DNA replication occur in small replication forks and not in its entire length?
(ii) Why is DNA replication continuous and discontinuous in a replication fork?
(iii) Explain the importance of ‘origin of replication’ in a replication fork.
Monocistronic structural genes in eukaryotes have interrupted coding sequences. Explain. How are they different in prokaryotes?
Why is tRNA called an ‘adapter’?
A tRNA I charged with the amino acid methionine.
- Name the process involved in the attachment.
- Pont out the mRNA codon and anticodon on tRNA for this amino acid.
What is heterochromatin?
What is satellite DNA n a genome? Explain their role in DNA fingerprinting.
Mention the contributions of the following scientists:
(i) Maurice Wilkins and Rosalind Franklin.
(ii) Erwin Chargaff
Name two basic amino acids that provide positive charge to histone proteins?
25. Write the two specific codons that a translational units of mRNA is flanled by, one on its either sides?
Which chromosome has the maximum number of genes and the one which has least number of genes?
It is established that RNA is the first genetic material. Explain giving three reasons.
What would happen if histnes were mutated and made rich in amino acids, aspartic acid and glutamic acid in place of basic amino acids such as lysine and arginine?
Search Our Website