Fill in the blanks:
Metal react with oxygen to produce _________oxides and non-metal react with oxygen to produce_________oxides.
The presence of _________ and _________are necessary for iron to rust.
_________is used for making X-ray shields.
_________non-metals is used in fluorescent bulbs to display advertisements.
_________element is used for making pencil lead.
_________and _________are lustrous non-metals.
_________is the only non-metals that exist as liquid at room temperature.
The property of metals by which it can be beaten into sheets is called_________
_________metal can be cut with knife.
_________non-metal is used for vulcanisation of rubber.
_________metal is used in processed food packaging.
Process of coating metals with zinc is called_________
Elements that possess properties of both metals and non-metals are called_________
_________is a pure chemical substance consisting of only one type of atoms.
Metal react with dilute acids to form_________ and_________
Why is gold used for making jewellery?
What do you mean by corrosion?
No gas is released when sulphur is added to dilute HCl?
Why are electrical cables made from copper?
Why do copper vessels develop a greenish layer when exposed to moist air?
Which non-metal is considered to be backbone of the electronics industry?
Why is sodium metal stored under kerosene?
Write the difference between metal oxides and non-metal oxides?
Silver is more likely to tarnish near a petroleum refinery than in a place far away? Explain why?
What are noble metals?
What is other metal except iron which gets rusted?
True and False Statement
(a) Metals are good conductor of electricity but poor conductor of heat.
(b) The property of metals by virtue of which they can be drawn into wires is called ductility.
(c) Articles made of metals produce ringing sound when struck hard.
(d) A less reactive metal replaces a more reactive metal from its salt solution in water.
(e) Oxides of non-metals and metals are acidic in nature.
(f) All metals are hard and strong.
Very Short Answer type
(a)Which non-metal is essential for our life and all living beings inhale it during breathing?
(b) Name the ingredient of the alloy Stainless Steel
(c)Which non-metal is used to disinfect water?
(d) Name two major non-metals which are present in fertilisers and enhance the growth of plants.
Fill in the blanks
1. __________________ reacted with oxygen only if ignited.
2. Metals are solids at __________________ temperature, except mercury, which is liquid at __________________ temperature.
3. Non-metals are gases or solid at room temperature, except _____ which is liquid at room temperature.
4. __________________ is the best conductor of electricity followed by gold and aluminium.
5. We use __________________ to pack food.
6. With the exceptions of __________________,_____ and _____ most of the metals have high melting and boiling point.
7.Non-metals have _____ melting point and boiling point.
8. Question: __________________ and ______react with oxygen vigorously at room temperature and they are kept in ____ to prevent oxidation
9. The property by which metals can be drawn into wires is called _______
10. __________________ metal does not burn in dry air even on strong heating.
11. Non-metals do not have lustre except __________________ and ______.
12. ______ is a metalloids.
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science