Class 10 Science TERM-2 SA -1
Write the limitation of newland’s octave classification?
What was the Mendeleev’s basis for classification of elements?
Why is variation beneficial to the species but not necessarily for the individual?
How will an organism be benefited if it reproduce by spores?
Why is vegetative propagation practiced for growing some types of plants?
How does the embryo get nourishment inside the mother’s body?
Name an STD which damages the immune system of human body and caused by bateria?
Define genetics? Who is the fader of genetics?
give the scientific term for the increase in the amount of non-biodegradable substances in the successive trophic levels of a food chain?
Which chemical is used in fire extinguisher? How it is harmful?
What is mean by sustainable development?
Write two advantage of water shed management?
‘sun is the ultimate source of energy fpr fossil fuels’ justify this statement?
Suggest two methods by which consumption of coal and petroleum can be reduced?
What is meant by DNA copying/ mention its importance?
What is the main purpose of rain water harvesting?
Write two traditional water harvesting system in India?
What are the function performed by testis in human beings?
If a trait A exist in 10% of a population of an asexually reproducing species and a trait B exists in 60% of the same population, which trait likely to have arisen earlier?
What are a different ways in which individuals with a particular trait may increase in a population?
Give an example of characteristaic being used to determine how close two species are in evolutionary terms?
- How many structural isomers can you draw for pentane?
- What are the two unique properties of carbon?
- Draw the structure of butanone?
- Why is the conversion of ethanol to ethanoic acid an oxidation reaction?
- What are oxidizing agent?
- What are the limitations of Dobereiner’s classification?
- Name three elements with filled outermost shells?
- In the modern periodic table, which are the metals among the first ten elements?
- Which element has a total of three shells, with three electrons in its valence shell?
- How would the tendency to gain electron change on moving from left to right in a period of the periodic table?
- How does the chemical reactivity of alkali metals vary on going down in group 1 of the periodic table?
- Draw the electron dot structure of nitrogen molecule?
- Name the gas which is major component of biogas?
- Hoe is glacier acetic acid different from acetic acid provided to you in laboratory?
- Give any two test of carboxylic acid?
- Write the chemical equation for oxidation of ethanoic acid?
- Why do soaps form scum with hard water?
- Name the process used for preparation of soap? Wrote the chemical equation involved in this process?
- An element ‘X’ forms a chloride with formula XCl3? The element ‘X’ would be likely be in the same group of the periodic table is Na, Mg, Al or Ca?
Go Back to Class 10 Maths Home page
Go Back to Class 10 Science Home page