In this page we have Class 10 Science TERM-1 SA -7 . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
The question paper comprises of the two Section, A and B. you are to attempt both the sections.
All questions are compulsory.
All questions of Section-A and all question of Section-B are to be attempted separately.
Question number 1 to 3 in section-A are one mark questions.
These are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
Question number 4 to 7 in Section-A are two marks questions.
These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
Question number 8 to 9 in Section-A are two marks question.
These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
Question number 20 to 24 in Section-A are five marks question.
These are to be answered in about 70 words each.
Question number 25 to 42 in Section-B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills.
Each question is a one mark question. You are to select one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you.
1) Write SI unit of resistivity.
2) Write the role of motor areas in brain.
3) Name the kind of energy possessed by wind and the device used to harmness it.
4) Give reason for the following:
a)Dry HCI does not change the color of dry litmus paper.
b)Aquous solution of an acid conduct electricity.
5) Give chemical equation to show the changes that occur when green colored Ferrous Sulphate crystals are heated. Mention change observed as well as reason for this change.
6) Define a solenoid? How is it different from a coil?
7) Given below is a circuit showing current flowing in it. identify each component A, B, C, D of this circuit
a) ‘Sodium is a highly reactive mental and it cannot be obtained from its oxide by heating with carbon’. Give reason.
b)How can sodium be obtained from sodium chloride.
a) What is meant by corrosion?
b) Why do aluminum sheets not corrode easily.
c) Why is copper vessel covered with a green coating in rainy season?
9) A solution ‘X’ turns red litmus blue. Predict the nature of solution ‘X’. addition of which solution of same concentration would cause reverse change- Mg(OH)2 or H2SO4 solution. Give reason for your answer. What happens when this solution is added:
(i)In equal amount
10) Justify the statement ‘All ores are minernals but all animals are not ores’. Give one example which can be called both ore and minernal.
a) The highest
b) The lowest value of resistance hat can be obtained by the combination of four resistors of 4 , 8 , 12 , and 24 .
12) We have a piece of copper wire of resistance R. this wire is drawn out so that its length is doubled. Find the new resistance of the wire in terms of its original resistance.
13) Describe an activity with diagram to show the phenomenon of electromagnetic induction.
a) How guard cells regulate stomatal opening and closure?
b)Explain holozonic nutrition.
a) Write functions of medulla.
b)What type of movement is shown by mimosa plant leaves when touched with a finger?
c)Name the master gland present in the brain.
16) Explain any three directional movements in plants.
a)Why is diffusion insufficient to meet the oxygen requirements of large multicellular organisms like humans?
b) What type of arrangement exists in the bodies of large animals to meet their oxygen Requried adequanltely?
18) What is biomass? Name the raw material used for making biogas. Write any two uses of biogas.
19) Sheelu was visiting her city after one year. Since during summers there were frequent power breakdown, she was a bit uncomfortable thinking about the unruly traffic in the city without traffic signals. But to her surprise, she found that all the traffic signals were working, inspite of the load shedding. She saw that all the traffic signal were powered by the solar cell panels. At one particular signals she saw that some naughty boys were trying to break the solar panel. She stopped them from doing so and explained them not to do so.
a)State the value exhibited by Sheelu
b)Explain any two arguments in favour of using solar panels for running traffic signals for managing traffic.
20) Compose on activity to arrange Ca, Mg and Fe metals in the decreasing order of reactivity with water. Write suitable balanced chemical equation and draw diagrams.
21) A students tested four unknown samples A, B, C and D and found color change on pH paper as follows: A (green), B (Blue), C (Red) and D (Orange).
(i) Predict the nature of the four sanples.
(ii) Arrange the samples A, B, C, D in their decreasing acidic strength.
(iii)Identify the sample which is highly acidic and highly alkaline what happens to their pH on dilution.
22) Describe an activity with the help of diagram of an electric circuit to show that in a series combination of resistances, the current is same in every part of the circuit.
Draw the symbols used for same components in circuit diagrams.
(i)Plug key (closed (ii) battery
23) (i) Explain the following:
a)Why is tungsten used almost exclusively for filament of electric lamp.
b)How does the resistance of a conducting wire vary with its are of cross section.
c)Why are copper and aluminum wire usually employed for electricity transmission.
(ii)State Ohm’s Law and define one ohm.
24) What is double circulation? Why is it found in birds and mammals and not in fishes? How is oxygen and carbon dioxide transported in blood?
25) A student added red litmus solution to ‘A’ and observed that it changed into blue. When she added another solution ‘B’ to ‘A’ in excess, she observed that the solution turned red. The solution A and B are:
a)KOH and KCI
b)HCI and KOH
c)KOH and HCI
d)HCI and H2CO3
26) Identify the ions in dil. HCI which are responsible for its acidic nature:
27) On adding a pinch of a white powder to some dil. HCI in a test CO2 gas is envolved with brisk effervescence. The white powder is:
28) Nandu wants to carry out a displacement reaction in the laboratory. The correct set of chemicals he should choose is:
a)Iron sulphide, distilled water, a pieces of copper metal
b)Copper sulphate, iron nail, distilled water
c)Ferrous sulphate, distilled water, copper metal
d)Copper sulphate, distilled water, copper metal
29) The correct pair of salt solutions to demonstrate double displacement reaction is:
a)Barium sulphate and sodium sulphate
b)Barium chloride and sodium chloride
c)Barium chloride and barium sulphate
d)Barium chloride and sodium sulphate
30) Soma added a few iron filings to 5ml of CuSO4 solution in a test tube. The change of color she will observe is:
a)Pale green to blue
b)Blue to white
c)Blue to pale green
d)Pale green to colorless
31) Ravi took some crystals of FeSO4 and make its solution in water. He observed the color of the solution to be:
32) When current flows through heater coil it glows but supply wiring does not glow because:
a)Supply wiring is covered with insulation layer
b)Current through supply line flows ay slower speed
c)Supply wires are made of superior material
d)Resistance of heater coil is very high and that of supply wires is negligible.
33) Two copper wires A & B have diameters t1 & t2 respectively with t1>t2
a)More for A
b)More for B
c)Same for A & B
d)Cannot be compared
34) Ohm’s law describes the mathematical relationship between:
a)Voltage and resistance only
b)Resistor size and resistor value
c)Resistance, voltage and current
d)Electric power and voltage
35) In the circuit shown below, the value of the current in ammeter depends upon
c)Both R1 and R2
d)Neither R1 nor R2
36. A teacher divided a wire of resistance 1 into two halves and asked her students to find equivalent resistance of a combination when both halves connected in parallel. The resistance Measured should be:
37. When are stomata expected to be open in a plant like lily?
b)At day time
c)In a cloudy day
d)(a), (b) and (c)
38. Stomata pore opens when:
a)Water from surrounding cells enter into guard cells
b)Water from guard cells goes to the surrounding cell
c)Te plants are in dark
d)No movement of water occurs between guard cells and surrounding cell
39. In the experiment to prove that light is essential for photosynthesis, one of the item is not used in the procedure. Identify it.
40. In submerged water plants (e.g. hydrilla)
a)Light is not needed for photosynthesis
b)Photosynthesis does not occur
c)Light is necessary for photosynthesis
d)Carbon dioxide is not required for photosynthesis
41. A student while setting up the experiment to show that CO2 is envolved during respiration, committed some errors shown in the figure.
The change that should be made in the set up to get the desired results is:
a)KOH should be taken in the small test tube inside the flask and germinating seeds in beaker.
b)KHO solution should be taken in the small test tube inside the flask and water should be taken in the beaker.
c)Water should be taken in the beaker and KHO solution in the flask.
d) Water should be taken in the flask and KHO solution in the small test tube.
42. In the experiment to show that CO2 is given out during respiration, a the students use which substance to absorb CO2:
Thanks for visiting our website. DISCLOSURE: THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Our aim is to help students learn subjects like
physics, maths and science for students in school , college and those preparing for competitive exams.