Given below are the Class 9 Science
Important Questions for CBSE Important Questions(Long questions) for Biological Diversity
a) Concepts questions
b) Calculation problems
c) Multiple choice questions
d) Long answer questions
e) Fill in the blank's
1. Name two types of fishes based on their skeleton. Give one example of each type?
2. Explain the following terms:
a) Bilateral symmetry
b) Triploblastic animals and
c) Open circulatory system
3. Who proposed the five kingdom classification? State the basis for grouping organisms into five kingdoms?
4. Homo sapiens is the scientific name of human beings? What do these two terms imply?
5. Leech, Nereis, prawn and scorpion – all have segmented body organization. Can they be placed in the same group? State yes/ no giving reasons?
6. Why birds have pneumatic/hollow bones?
7. A pore bearing organism like creature ‘A’ belongs to a phylum ‘B’ of kingdom Animalia. Identify ‘A’ and ‘B’?
8. Differentiate between skin of tree frog and human?
9. Give the outline of the classification of plants on the basis of various features?
10. What are the major divisions in the plantae? What is the basis for these divisions?
11. Why plants like Pinus and Deodar are called gymnosperms?
12. Give any two differences between angiosperms and gymnosperms giving one example of each?
13. Why the presence of ‘coelom’ in an animal’s body is considered as advantageous?
14. Prove that Labio rohita (rohu) is a chordate?
15. Draw the diagram of Spirogyra and label the following parts:
Cell wall, Pyrenoids, Nucleus, Chloroplast
16. In the hierarchy of classification, which grouping will have the smallest number of organisms with a maximum of characteristics in common and which will have the largest number of organisms?
17. Propose three examples of characteristics used for hierarchial classification. Based of these, develop the definition of characteristics. Why the characteristics of body design used for classification of plants is different from those used for classifying animals?
18. How are the criteria for deciding divisions in plan kingdom different from the criteria for deciding the sub-groups among animals?
19. What is binomial nomenclature system? Who proposed this? List four convections that are followed while writing the scientific names?
20. Give three differences between monocotyledonous and dicotyledonous plants?
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 9 Maths
Class 9 Science