This page is part of Matter in our Surroundings Class 9 notes for Chemistry.Topics covered in this page are
Test your Knowlegde
Fill in the blanks
16) Latent heat does not raise (or increase) the __________________.
17) The __________________ of a solid is the quantity of heat in joules required to convert 1 kilogram of the solid (at its melting point) to liquid, without any change in temperature.
18) The latent heat of fusion of ice is _____ joules per kilogram
19) The __________________ of a liquid is the quantity of heat in joules required to convert 1 kilogram of the liquid (at its boiling point) to vapour or gas, without any change in temperature.
20) The latent heat of vaporization of water is __________ joules per kilogram
17) Latent heat of Fusion
19)Latent heat of vaporisation