Given below are the Class 9 Maths Assignments for LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES
a) Concepts questions
b) Calculation problems
c) Multiple choice questions
d) Long answer questions
e) Fill in the blank's
1) Draw the graph of each of the equations given below. Also, find the co-ordinates of the point where the graph cuts the co-ordinates axis:
a) 6x – 3y = 12
b) 4y -x = 8
c) 2x + y = 6
d) 3x + 2y + 6 = 0
2) The taxi fare in a delhi is as follows: For the first kilometer, the fare is Rs 16 and for the subsequent distance it is Rs 10/km. Taking the distance covered as x km and total fare as Rs y, write a linear equation for this information, and draw its graph.
3) If the work done by a body on application of a constant force is directly proportional to the distance travelled by the body, express this in the form of an equation in two variables and draw the graph of the same by taking the constant force as 5 units. Also read from the graph the work done when the distance travelled by the body is-
4) A and B, two students of class XII th of a school, together contributed Rs 100 towards the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund to help the earthquake victims. Write a linear equation which satisfies the given data. (You make take their contributions as Rs x and Rs y) Draw the graph of same.
5) In countries like USA and Canada, temperature is measured in Fahrenheit, where as in countries like India. It is measured in Celsius. Here is a linear equation that converts Fahrenheit into Celsius:
F = (9/5) C + 32
a)Draw the graph of the linear equation above using Celsius for x – axis and Fahrenheit for y- axis.
b) If the temperature is 300 C, what is the temperature in Fahrenheit?
c)If the temperature is 950F, what is the temperature in Celsius?
d) If the temperature is 00 C, what is the temperature in Fahrenheit and if the temperature is 00 F, what is the temperature in Celsius?
e) Is there a temperature which is numerically the same in both Fahrenheit and Celsius? Find it.
6) Draw the graph of the equation 2x + 3y = 12. From the graph, find the coordinates of the point:
Whose y- coordinate is 3
Whose x- coordinate is -3.
7) Draw the graph of the equation 2x + y = 6. Shade the region bounded by the graph and the co- ordinate axis. Also find the area of shaded region.
8) Draw the graph of the equation x/2 + y/3 =1. Also find the area of triangle formed by the line and the co-ordinates axis.
9) Draw the graph of y = x + 2
10) Draw the graphs of the linear equations 4x – 3y + 4 = 0 and 4x + 3y – 20 = 0. Find the area bounded by these lines and x = axis.
11) Solve for y:
(3y+2)/7+ (4 (y+1))/5= 2/3 (2y+1)
12) The angles of a triangle are 5x, 3 (2x – 5) and 9x -5 Find x and also name the triangle.
13) Determine the point on graph of equation 2x + 5y = 20 whose x – co-ordinate is 5/2 times its ordinate.
14) If (2a, a – 1) is a solution of 2x + 3y – 9 = 0, find a
15) Draw the graph of linear equation x = 3y
16) Draw the graph of linear equation 2x -9 = 0
17) Draw the graph of linear equation x = y
18) Draw the graphs of linear equation y = x and y = -x on the same Cartesian plane, what do you observe?
19) Find three different solutions of the equation 4x + 3y = 12 from its graph?
20). Draw the graph of the equation x + 2y = 9. Find the vertices of the triangle formed by the line and the co-ordinate axis. Find two more points other than the intercepts on the axis.
21) Draw the graph of the line x – 2y = 3. From the graph, find the co-ordinate of the point when
x = 5
y = -2
Reference Books for class 10
Given below are the links of some of the reference books for class 10 math.