Plasma and Bose- Einstein Condensate are two more states of mater apart from three other discusse dpreviously.
Test your Knowlegde
Fill in the blanks
1) __________________ gas can be liquefied by applying high pressure and lowering the temperature.
2) Decreasing the pressure and raising the temperature can change the state of __________________.
3) Solid carbon dioxide (dry ice) is stored under high __________________.
4) The process of a liquid changing into vapour (or gas) even its boiling point is called evaporation.
5) The wet clothes dry due to __________________ of water present in them.
6) The evaporation of a liquid depends mainly on the factors ______,Surface area, Humidity and __________________ speed
7) If the same liquid is kept in a test tube and in a china dish, then the liquid kept in the _____ evaporate more rapidly.
8) The amount of water present in air is represented by a term called _____
9) The cooling caused by __________________ is based on the fact that when a liquid evaporates, it draws or takes the latent heat of
vaporization from anything which it touches.
10) During hot __________________ days, water is usually kept in an earthen pot (called pitcher or matka) to keep it cool.
11)it is recommended to wear ______ in hot summer days to keep cool and comfortable.
12) ______________ vapor comes into the air from the evaporation of __________________ present in ponds, lakes, rivers and oceans.
13) ______________ vapor is alsogiven out by plants by the process of transpiration.
14) Plasma is a mixture of ____ and ____
15) BEC stands for ________________
Check your answers