Test your Knowlegde
Fill in the Blank Questions
1) __________________ is defined as the total distance travelled by the body in the time interval during which the motion takes place.
2) __________________ unit of speed is m/s
3) The ratio of total distance to total __________________ taken by the body gives its average speed.
4) The rate of change of displacement of a object with the passage of time is known as __________________ of the object.
5) velocity of a body is a vector quantity involving both distance and __________________ whereas speed of a body is a scalar quantity and it only has magnitude and does not have specific direction.
6) A body is said to be moving with uniform velocity if it covers equal distances in equal intervals of time in a specified __________________.
7) A object is said to be moving with non uniform velocity if it covers unequal distances in equal intervals of time and vice-versa in a specified direction or if it
changes the direction of __________________.
8) If acceleration is in the __________________ of the velocity then it is positive acceleration and if it is in the __________________ opposite to the ___________
_______ of velocity then it is negative and the negative acceleration is termed retardation.
True and False Statement
1) Acceleration is a measure of the change in the speed of an object per unit time
2) A body has Non Uniform acceleration if its velocity increases or decreases by unequal amount in equal intervals of time.
3) When velocity of the object changes at a uniform rate, then average veloicty is given by the arithmetic mean of initial velocity and final velocity for a given period of time.
4) The velocity of a body can be changed in two ways first by changing the speed of the object and second by changing the direction of motion of the body by keeping the speed constant.
5) The odometer in the car measures the velocity of the car
6) A object is said to have constant or uniform velocity if it travels equal distance in equal intervals of time.
7) A body has uniform acceleration if it travels in a straight line and its velocity increases by equal amount in equal intervals of time
Check your Answers