Given below are the Why do we fall ill Important Questions for Class 9 Biology
a. Concepts questions
b. Multiple choice questions
c. Long answer questions
Long Answer Questions
1. ‘Prevention is better than cure’. Justify the statement with three reasons?
2. Explain the process of inflammation? Mention the local effects and the general effects of inflammation?
3. Name any two groups of microorganisms from which antibiotics can be extracted?
4. Mention any three basic conditions required for good health?
5. Why are we normally advised to take blend and nourishing food when we are sick?
6. Why a person suffering from AIDS cannot fight even small infections?
7. In a slum area, many people are suffering from malaria. Mention any two unhygienic conditions that must be prevailing in that locality?
8. Why female Anopheles mosquito feeds on human body?
9. With the diagram only, depict the common methods of transmission of diseases?
10. During a health check up camp in a school, the doctor talked about prevention of diseases. Which main points will you share with your friends on “prevention of diseases is more desirable than its successful treatment”?
11. Differentiate between communicable and non-communicable diseases?
12. ‘Over crowded and poorly ventilated housing is a major factor in the spread of airborne diseases’. Explain the statement and support your answer with diagram also?
13. Arun is having headache and fever. He takes some pills to bring down the fever and headache before going to the doctor. What is this type of treatment called? How can we reduce the effects of the diseases? What is the limitation of this type of treatment? What is the possible remedy of these diseases?
14. Write a brief note on peptic ulcers?
15. Health is not merely absence of diseases. How can we define health? Classify diseases on the basis of:
(a) Duration of the diseases.
(b) Cause of the diseases.
16. Penicillin is not effective against common cold. Why?
17. Mention any two preventive measures given to the patient after a rabid animal bites?
18. A doctor/nurse/health-worker is exposed to more sick people than others in the community. Find out how she/he avoids getting sick herself/himself?
19. Mention any five common preventive measures against infectious diseases?
20. AIDS is a syndrome which damages body’s immune system.
a.Name the causative agent of the disease.
b.List four ways through which the AIDS pathogen enter the body of a healthy person?
Multiple choice questions
21. Which one of the following is not a viral disease?
22. Which one of the following is not a bacterial disease?
23. Which one of the following disease is not transmitted by mosquito?
(a) Brain fever
24. Which one of the following disease is caused by bacteria?
25. Which one of the following diseases is caused by protozoans?
26. Classify the following diseases as infectious or non-infectious.
(d) High blood pressure
(e) Heart disease
link to this page by copying the following text
- Assignments & NCERT
Class 9 Maths
Class 9 Science