Worksheet on Reproductive Health
Very Short Answer Type Questions (1 Mark)
- Define in vitro fertilization?
- Is sex education necessary in school? If so why?
- Expand ICSI? What is it?
- Why are MTPs carried out?
Short Answer Type Questions (2 Marks)
- How do the following contraceptives act to prevent unwanted pregnancy in human females?
Mention any four characteristics that an ideal contraceptive should have?
Why is tubectomy considered a contraceptive method?
Describe the lactational amenorrhea method of birth control?
Mention the primary aim of the 'Assisted Reproductive Technology' (ART) programme?
What is vasectomy?
- Intrauterine device (IUDs)
Short Answer Type Questions (3 Marks)
What are the measures one has to take to prevent from STDs?
What are assisted reproductive technologies helpful to humans? How is ZIFT and GIFT different from intrauterine transfer?
'Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection' and 'Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer' are two assisted reproductive Technologies. How is one different from the other?
What is amniocentesis? How is it performed?
How do Copper and hormone releasing IUDs act as contraceptive?
Explain the zygote intra-fallopian transfer technique (ZIFT). How is intra-uterine transfer technique (IUT) different from it?
- Explain the following:
Long Answer Type Questions (5 Marks)
- Suggest some methods to assist infertile couples to have children?
- Mention the different ways in which people are made aware of the significance of reproductive health and reproductive health society?
- (a) How do implants act as an effective method of contraception in human females? Mention its one advantage over contraceptive pills?
(b) Describe the three different practices under the natural method of birth control?