In this page we have Forests Our Lifeline Important questions . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Fill in the blanks: -
Very short answer type questions
- ____________________ is a system comprising various plants, animals and micro-organisms.
- In a forest, ___________________ forms the uppermost layer followed by shrubs.
- Forests are the______________________ for the forest dwelling communities.
- Forest_____________________________ is dark in color due to the presence of humus.
- Wide variety of animals help ____________________ to grow & regenerate.
- ________________________convert the dead plants and animals to humus.
- ______ is the branch of forestry that deals with the development and care of forest.
- Variety of plants found in particular area is known as _____
- Variety of animals found in particular area is known as ______
- Forest serve as__________________________ and water purifying system in nature.
i. which terms is used for celebration of planting of saplings on a large scale?
ii. What do we call to the branched part of a tree above the stem?
iii. Name the sequence of living organisms in which one eats another.
iv. What name is given to the different horizontal layers created by different types and sizes of trees.
v. Which part of the forest helps in recharging of the ground water.
vi. Name the term used for cutting of trees at large scale.
vii. Name the practice of planting trees to save environment from the bad effects of deforestation.
Unscramble the Jumbled word
Answer the following questions: -
a. Why are forests called the green lungs of the earth?
b. How do trees grow in a natural forest?
c. Why is it necessary to conserve forest? State any two ways to conserve forests.
d. What is food chain? Give one example of a food chain taking place in a forest.
e. State the reasons for large scale cutting down of forest trees.
Multiple Choice Questions
i. Forests are not responsible for
(a) providing medicinal plants.
(b) maintaining the flow of water into the streams.
(c) creating flood conditions.
(d) absorbing rainwater and maintaining water table.
ii. Which of these is the correct food chain
a. Grass -> insects -> frog -> snake -> eagle
b. frog → eagle → insects → grass → snake
c. insects -> frog -> grass -> snake -> eagle
d. eagle -> snake -> frog -> grass-> insects
5. plants release oxygen through the process
1. Forests influence ______, water cycle and air quality
2. This serves as green lung of nature
3. branchy part of a tree above the stem
4. The micro-organisms which convert the dead plants and animals to humus are known as
6. A dark coloured substance
x. Green lungs
i. Van Mahotsav
iii. Food chain
v. Forest floor
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 7 Maths
Class 7 Science