(ii) Less than 2%
(v) potable water
(vi) Rain water
(vii) surface of groundwater
(ix) Drip irrigation
(xi) Rainwater harvesting
(xii) Check dams
True and False
State whether the following statements are True or False. If false, write the correct statement.
(a) Water vapour is the gaseous form of water.
(b) Ice is solid whereas snow is the semi-solid form of water.
(c) Ocean water cannot be used for domestic purposes.
(d) Rapid growth of industries is one of the causes for water shortage. Solution
(b) False, snow is also a solid form of water.
Unscramble the Jumbled word
Unscramble the below Jumbled word
d. TWOAUNRDER Solution
The below picture shows the processes of the water cycle
Match these numbers with the processes given in the jumbled form
Multiple Choice Questions
Which of the following inhibits the seepage of rainwater into ground?
(a) Forest land
(c) Grass lawn
(d) A pukka floor
Which of the following are not the liquid forms of water?
(ii) Lake water
(iii) River water
(iv) Water vapour
Choose the correct combination from the options below.
(a) (i), (iv) and (v)
(b) (i) and (ii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (iv) only
Which of the following is a way to use water economically?
(a) Construction of bawris
(b) Rainwater harvesting
(c) Drip irrigation
(d) Infiltration Solution
Short Answer type Questions
9. Name two methods of rainwater harvesting? What are its benefits?
10. Mention four ways of water management.
11. Name the state of water?
12. What are the uses of water?
13.Explain the term underground water?
14.What are check dams?
15.What is rainwater harvesting?
16. What is renewable resources?
17. Why is World Water Day celebrated?
18. What are the effects of water scarcity in plants?
Long Answer type Questions
19. Give reason why: -
i. Earth appears blue from space.
ii. Drip irrigation helps in conserving water.
i. ‘Earth is covered with 71% water. Still there is shortage of water’. Justify.
ii. Why do some regions of our country suffer from flood while others from droughts?
21. How does drip irrigation retain soil fertility?
22. Why should we conserve water? Suggest a few ways to conserve water?
23. What are the reasons for an increase in the demand of water?
24. Why should water be treated to make it portable for human use?
25. List the causes of groundwater depletion? Explain any one of them? How is groundwater replenished?
26. Why is distribution of water uneven in our country?
27 Write a note on the natural distribution of water in India?
28. What are the main causes of water pollution? Describe any two?
29. What are the causes of water scarcity in India?
30. Explain the water cycle and the forms of water in nature?
link to this page by copying the following text Also Read