In this page we have Water A precious resource Worksheet . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Fill in the blanks:
- The upper limit of ground water is called__________________. (water table/water cycle)
- _____________does not let the water to seep into the ground, hence, the ground water level goes down. (polythene/fresh water).
- All the three states of water are __________with the change in temperature (reversible//irreversible)
- ___________________are one of the traditional ways of collecting rain water (Bawris/infiltration)
- The wise and judicious use water is called as___________________ of water (conservation/protection)
Give reason why: -
i. Earth appears blue from space.
ii. Drip irrigation helps in conserving water.
State whether the following statements are True or False. If false, write the correct statement.
(a) Water vapour is the gaseous form of water.
(b) Ice is solid whereas snow is the semi-solid form of water.
(c) Ocean water cannot be used for domestic purposes.
(d) Rapid growth of industries is one of the causes for water shortage.
Answer the following questions-
i. Why is World Water Day celebrated?
ii. ‘Earth is covered with 71% water. Still there is shortage of water’. Justify.
iii. Why do some regions of our country suffer from flood while others from droughts?
iv. Name two methods of rainwater harvesting? What are its benefits?
v. Mention four ways of water management.
vi. What are the effects of water scarcity in plants?
Unscramble the below Jumbled word
The below picture shows the processes of the water cycle
Match these numbers with the processes given in the jumbled form
Which of the following inhibits the seepage of rainwater into ground?
(a) Forest land
(c) Grass lawn
(d) A pukka floor
a. Water table
(b) False, snow is also a solid form of water.
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 7 Maths
Class 7 Science