In this page we have Force and Pressure Important questions . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
FILL IN THE BLANKS:
STATE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS AS TRUE OR FALSE:
- When we push or pull anything to shift one place to another and to stop any moving object. This phenomenon is called _________.
- The SI unit of the magnitude of force is __________.
- Force can be applied to move _____________ objects.
- A type of force that requires physical contact is called __________ force.
- The force of attraction produced by the earth to attract every object to its surface is called ___________ force.
UNSCRAMBLE THE FOLLOWING WORDS:
- A magnetic force is only an attractive force.
- The electrostatic force of attraction does not require physical contact between the objects.
- When two or more forces acting on an object then the net effect is zero, this type of force are unbalanced force.
- Pressure is defined as the Area divided by Force.
- We measure pressure in Pascal (Pa) unit.
Name the following words:
Very short answer type questions:
- It is the SI unit of the force.
- A type of force in which physical contact is essential to produce a force.
- It is a type of contact force in which the action of muscles of our body is required.
- This type of force has opposite direction to the direction of motion.
- This type of force is created by a machine.
- Gravitational, magnetic and electrostatic force are examples of this force.
- In this force, the charged body exerts a force on a charged or uncharged body.
- Due to this force, any object attracts towards the Earth’s surface.
- It is the SI unit of pressure.
- This force acts on perpendicularly over the surface.
(i)Write any two types of contact force.
(ii)Write any two types of non-contact force.
(iii)Write the formula of pressure in the case of normal force.
(iv)How many Pascal in one bar?
(v)Which instrument is used to measure the liquid pressure?
Short answer type questions:
(i)What is atmospheric pressure?
(ii)Who invented the Torricelli barometer?
(iii)What is one atmosphere?
(iv)Why do farmers use tractors for cultivation?
(v)Why do astronauts wear spacesuit while going in the space?
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science