Why shoulder bags are provided with broad straps and not thin straps
Why the tools meant for cutting and piercing always have sharp edges
Two women are of the same weight. One wears sandals with pointed heels while the other wears sandals with flat soles. Which one would feel more comfortable while walking on a sandy beach? Give reasons for your answer.
Two persons are applying forces on two opposite sides of a moving cart. The cart still moves with the same speed in the same direction. What do you infer about the magnitudes and direction of the forces applied
Why do deep-sea divers have to wear special suits before going for diving at the depths?
c. The woman wearing sandals with flat soles will feel more comfortable while walking on the sandy beach. The flat soles have larger area compared to the sandals with pointed heels. Since the two women are of the same weight, they will apply same force on the ground. Therefore, the pressure exerted by the pointed heels will be more compared to that with sandals having flat soles. As a result, the pointed heel sandals will sink more in the sand than the flat sole sandals. Hence, walking with flat sole sandals will be more comfortable.
d. Both the forces are of equal magnitudes and applied in the opposite directions.
Fill in the blanks
An example of a non-contact force is __________.
The pressure exerted by air around us is known as __________.
SI unit of force is __________.
Application of force can change the ______ or __________ of an object.
Force exerted by our muscles is called __________ force.
Direction of force of friction is always __________ to the direction of motion.
Force per unit area is called ___________.
The force exerted by a charged body on another charged or uncharged bod is known as ______________________
1. (c) friction
2. (d) gravitational force
3. (c) The force exerted by magnets
4. (d) Pressure at A< Pressure at B < Pressure at C
5. (c) force of friction
6. (a) B and C
7. (b) maximum in position B
8. (a) contact force
9. (a) Magnetic Force
10. (b) decrease
2. The pressure exerted by air around us is known as ______ pressure
4. Push or pull on an object is known as _____
6. The force resulting due to the action of muscles is known as the ________force
7. A _____ scientist of 17th century, invented a pump to extract air out of the vessel
9. Pressure exerted by water at the bottom of the container depends on the _______ of its column Down
1. ______ force always acts opposite to the motion of the object
3. Force per unit area
5. Liquids exert ______ pressure at the same depth
8. gravity is an _____ force Solution
This Force and Pressure Worksheet for Class 8 is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail.