In this page we have Conservation of Plants and Animals class 8 Worksheet . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
FILL IN THE BLANKS:
STATE THE FOLLLOWING STATEMENT AS TRUE OR FALSE:
- The interaction between the animals and plants exist in a particular region or habitat is called __________.
- The process of cutting of trees to make useful tools or objects such as furniture, house and rubber etc. leads to the condition, called ___________.
- ___________ causes the desertification.
- The species that are near to extinct called ____________.
- Species of animals and plants found in a particular region or habitat called __________.
UNSCRAMBLE THE FOLLOWING WORDS:
Name the following:
- A wildlife sanctuary is a region where domestic animals live.
- Project Tiger was launched in 1900.
- The IUCN was established by UNESCO in 1948.
- The Red Data Book is the record of all endangered species of animals and plants.
- Flora is the plant species present in a particular region.
Very short answer type questions:
- These forests have the highest biodiversity of any ecosystem on the earth.
- Animal species that are present in a particular region or habitat.
- Plant species that are present in a particular region or habitat.
- An anti-malarial drug is made up of the bark of Cinchona tree.
- This effect of forest fire, tsunamis and floods leads to the danger condition called deforestation.
- These species face problems and near to become endangered species if the problem is not attended in time.
- These species are near to endangered if their survival and reproduction rates are not improved.
- The species of animals and plants are found specifically in a particular area or habitat.
- A region where wild endangered, vulnerable and migratory animals are protected and sheltered.
- A big region where plants and animal species including tribal communities are preserved and protected.
(i)Name two extinct species.
(ii)Name two endangered species.
(iii)Name two wildlife sanctuaries in India.
(iv)Name any two causes that lead to the deforestation.
(v)What is desertification?
Short answer type questions:
(i)What does the trees provide?
(ii)What is soil erosion?
(iii)What is an ecosystem?
(iv)Name any one tree that is used to make anticancer drugs.
(v)What is the full form of IUCN?
This conservation of plants and animals class 8 worksheet is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail.
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science