In this page we have Friction Important questions . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
FILL IN THE BLANKS:
STATE WHETHER THE STATEMENT IS TRUE OR FALSE:
- __________ acts opposite to the direction of motion.
- Friction results when two or more surfaces are in _____________.
- __________ tries to keep the objects at rest.
- Sliding friction is _________ than static friction.
- Rolling friction is _________ than static friction.
UNSCRAMBLE THE WORDS:
- Factors that affect friction are water and air.
- A swimmer wears an astronaut suit while swimming.
- Friction helps us to write.
- Spikes are used to build the bottom of shoes to maintain the friction.
- A smooth surface has more irregularities than a rough surface.
Match the column
Name the following words:
Very short answer type questions:
- It is a force that opposes the direction of motion when two surfaces are in contact.
- The maximum friction that is required to move an object to other object’s surface.
- A substance that forms a thin layer between the two surfaces in contact.
- Pointed nails in the bottom of shoes that help to maintain the friction while walking and running.
- Frictional force that resists the rolling body to move in other surface.
- Frictional force that resists the body to sliding in other surface.
- This solution is used to reduce friction which is slippery in nature.
- The deep grooves present in tyres of vehicles like bus, truck and motorbikes etc. increases friction between tyres and road.
- This material provides more friction than nails.
(i)Write any two types of friction.
(ii)Give one example of rolling friction.
(iii)Give one example of sliding friction.
(iv)Why cricketers use rubber grip?
(v)Why weightlifters apply powder while lifting the weight?
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science