In this page we have Friction Worksheet . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social shar
and comment at the end of the page.
Match the Column
True and false
a. Friction opposes the relative motion between two surfaces in contact.
b. Friction is a necessary evil.
c. Irregulartities between two surface interlocks to produce friction
d. Friction depends on the nature of the surface in contact
e. Sliding friction is more than static friction
f. Friction produces heat
g. The sole of the shoes and tyres of the treaded to reduce friction
h. Rolling friction is smaller than the sliding friction..
a. Sliding Friction
c. Rolling Friction
d. Static Friction
a. Why it is difficult to move on a wet marble surface
b. why our hands become warmer when we run them
c. Why do we shape aeroplanes like that of a bird
d. How lubricant help in reducing friction
e. The handle of a cricket bat or a badminton racquet is usuallyrough. Explain the reason.?
Fill in the blanks
a. Frictional force is an example of __________.
b. Friction can never be entirely __________.
c. SI unit of friction force is __________.
d. _______ is a device used for measuring the force acting on an object.
e. Direction of force of friction is always __________ to the direction of motion.
g. Substance called ___________ are used to reduce friction
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ball rolling on the ground slows down and finally stops because
(b) less force applied
(d) none of the above
2. A boy rolls a rubber ball on a wooden surface. The ball travels a short distance before coming to rest. To make the same ball travel longer distance before coming to rest, he may
(a) spread a carpet on the wooden surface.
(b) cover the ball with a piece of cloth.
(c) sprinkle talcum powder on the wooden surface.
(d) sprinkle sand on the wooden surface.
3. Which of the following is an example of a non-contact force?
(a) The force exerted by us to lift a bucket
(b) push a stationary car
(c) The force exerted by magnets
(d) Force due to friction
4. The coefficent of friction between the two surfaces depends on
(a) Nature of the surface in contact
(b) Mass of the two bodies in contact
(c) Applied force
(d) Normal contact force between the surface
5. Which one of the following forces is a contact force?
(a) force of gravity
(b) magnetic force
(c) force of friction
(d) electrostatic force
6. Force of friction depends on
(a) Smoothness of the surface
(b) Roughness of the surface
(c) Inclinination of the surface
(d) All the above
7. In a large commercial complex there are four ways to reach the main road. One of the path has loose soil, the second is laid with polished marble, the third is laid with bricks and the fourth has gravel surface. It is raining heavily and Paheli wishes to reachthe main road. The path on which she is least likely to slip is
(a) loose soil.
(b) polished marble.
8. Force are acting on the body as shown below
The body is at rest due to friction. The friction force is
(a) 50 N from right to left
(b) 50 N from left to right
(c) 10 N from right to left<
(d) 10 N from left to right
9. The use of lubricants makes the surface
(d)None of the above
10.An irregular surface will have
(a) Zero Friction
(b) Lesser friction
(c) Greater friction
Search Our Website
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science