Fill in the blanks:
State whether the statement is true or false:
- The mixing of toxic compounds or substances in the air that makes everyone sick is known as ______________.
- The substances that pollute the environment are called _______________.
- _____________ emissions become the main factor of increasing the air pollution.
- _____________ gas combines with haemoglobin to form carboxyhaemoglobin that causes suffocation.
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFCs) is an organic compound that consists _________, __________ and ______________.
Unscramble the following words:
- Lead is released in the atmosphere from the automobile exhausts.
- Dust storms and jet streams are not the factors of increasing air pollution.
- Using electrical vehicles can reduce the air pollution.
- Inorganic compounds and chemical fertilisers are also water pollutants.
- The purification of water does not require to supply water for drinking.
Multiple choice questions:
(a)Which of the following is the second largest cause of air pollution?
- Automobile emissions
- Industrial emissions
- Carbon monoxide
(b)What do we call the condition caused by high temperature due to carbon dioxide increment in the atmosphere?
- Greenhouse effect
(c)Which of the following gas causes respiratory and heart problems?
- Sulphur dioxide
- Carbon dioxide
- None of all these
(d)What condition leads to the growth of unwanted plants inside the water?
(e)Which of the following is a method of purifying water by heating it?
Name the following words:
- All of the above
Very short answer type questions:
- The toxic compounds that make the air polluted.
- It is a gas responsible for producing carboxyhaemoglobin inside the body.
- Air contains 0.3% of this gas which is not considered as a pollutant at this rate.
- This compound is harmful for the ozone layer.
- This gas mixes with oxygen and water that leads to condition called acid rain.
- This gas exhausts from the automobile industries that causes heart attack and strokes.
- This is the most common natural air pollutant that comes with heavy wind.
- It is a combination of smoke and fog.
- This is created around Taj to protect it from pollution.
- This is a condition in which water becomes rich in nutrients resulting growth of unwanted plants.
(i)Name any two water pollutants.
(ii)What do we call the process of killing the germs before the drinking water to houses?
(iii)Which gas mixes with water and oxygen to cause the acid rain?
(iv)What do we call water that is fir for drinking?
(v(Name the main source of haze that presents in the air?
This Pollution of Air and Water Class 8 Worksheet is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail.
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science