Fill in the blanks:
State whether the statement is true or false:
- Phenomena that occurs naturally like floods, thunderstorms and lighting is known as ________.
- An atom is made of up of positively-charged particle that is found inside the nucleus is called ___________.
- The molecules that are electrically charged are called ___________.
- If body is positively-charged, it has less ____________.
- _____________ is a device that measures the presence and type of a charge present inside an atom or molecule.
Unscramble the following words:
- An electrical fish eel is found in India, which produces 100 volts of electricity.
- Lighting conductor is a device used by the people on the top of the buildings to save them from lighting.
- Seismograph is used to measure the level of earthquakes.
- We live in the Earth’s crust.
- The formation of lithosphere consists small rock plates called tectonic plates.
Multiple choice questions:
(a)What do we call the method of charging a non-charged body by transferring some charge due to contact?
(b)An intense spark of electricity that occurs in the sky due to the accumulation of charges is known as ____________.
(c)Which natural phenomena causes tsunamis and landslides?
(d)Which of the following is the upper surface of the Earth?
(e)Which of the following is the most threating state by earthquake?
Name the following words:
Very short answer type questions:
- It is a positively-charged sub particle of an atom.
- An electrical charge atom or molecule.
- When north and north poles of two magnets get closer to each other.
- Transferring of charge to an uncharged body through charged body by physical contact.
- Transferring of charge to an uncharged body through charged body but, without physical contact.
- A device that is used to detect the availability of the charge and the type of the charge in the body.
- A device that is used to protect all buildings from lightning.
- The surface of the earth where we live.
- The adjoining of the crust and the upper layer of the mantle forms this abiotic component.
- It is the unit of measuring the magnitudes of an earthquake.
(i)In which unit the seismograph measures the earthquake?
(ii)Write any two methods of charging the bodies?
(iii)Give any two examples of natural phenomena.
(iv)What does an atom consist of?
(v)Who discovered the connection between the electrical charges and lightning?
link to this page by copying the following text
- NCERT Solutions
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science