1.Sound cannot travel in Vaccum
2. Human can hear sound with frequencies 20 Hz to 2000 Hz
3. The pitch of the sound depends on the frequency of the waves
4. SONAR stands for Sound Navigation and Ranging
5. The unpleasant sounds is called noise
6. Sound travels fastest in Solid medium
7. The sound having frequency more than 20,000 Hz is called ultrasound
8. Speed of sound is same as speed of light Solution
1. The vibrating part in a veena is
(a) Stretched string
(b) Stretched Membrane
(c) Air column
(d) None of these
2. A list of mediums is given below.
(ii) Lemon juice
In which of these mediums can sound travel?
(a) i & ii only
(b) i, ii & iii only
(c) iii & iv only
(d) ii, iii & iv only
3. Large amplitude of sound vibrations will produce
(a) Meak sound
(b) Loud Sound
(c) Slow sound
4. A simple pendulum makes 10 oscillations in 20 seconds.A list of statement are generated with the help of these information'
(i) Time period of oscillations is 2 sec
(ii) Frequency of oscillation is .1 hz
which of the following is correct
(a) (i) only
(b) (ii) only
(c) (i) and (ii) both
(d) Both are incorrect
5. Pitch of the sound does not depend on
(a) Frequency of the sound
(b) Time period of the sound
(c) Upon the amount of energy received by the ear
(d) All the above
6. which of the following is correct
(a)Sound can travel in space
(b)Larynx is also known as voice box
(c)Human can hear sound of every frequency
(d) None of these
7. In order to reduce the loudness of a sound we have to
(a) decrease its frequency of vibration of the sound.
(b) increase its frequency of vibration of the sound.
(c) decrease its amplitude of vibration of the sound.
(d) increase its amplitude of vibration of the sound.
8. Sound propagates maximum in
(d) All Solution
3. The loudness of sound is measured in ____ .
5. Unpleasant sounds are called _____
6. Bats use the principle of ____ to avoid hitting against obstacles in their path.
7. The number of oscillations or vibrations per second is called the _____ of oscillation Down
1. The frequency is expressed in ____
2. Sound at frequencies of above 20,000Hz
4. Low frequency sounds which cannot be hear are called _____. Solution
This Sound Class 8 Questions and answers is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail. You can also find the pdf download for this in below link