On this page, you will find Worksheet to class 8 science chapter 17 Stars and The Solar System. The worksheet are according to CBSE and the NCERT textbook. If you like the study material, feel free to share the link as much as possible.
Fill in the blanks:
State whether the statement is true or false:
- _____________ is a device used to see celestial bodies present in space.
- _____________ is the nearest star to planet Earth.
- _____________ unit is calculated distance between the Earth and the sun.
- _____________ is the distance travelled by a light in one year.
- _____________ is known as the pattern of stars formed in the sky at night.
Unscramble the following words:
- Ursa major is also known as Saptarishi in India.
- Pleiades constellation is also known as Kruttika in India.
- A large collection of stars, planets and satellites is called galaxy.
- Our solar system has eight planets recently.
- Pluto is the smallest planet of our solar system.
Multiple choice questions:
(a)Which of the following is the name of our galaxy?
(b)Which of the following constellation is visible from the northern hemisphere during winters?
- Ursa Major
(c)Which of the following gas is present 70% in the sun?
(d)Which of the following is the second nearest star from the Earth?
- Gliese 581
- Proxima Centauri
- Alpha Centauri
(e)How many kilometres are present in one light year?
Name of the following:
- 200 km
- 1.2 x 1022 km
- 9.461 x 1012 km
- 20000000000 km
Very short answer type questions:
- It is the largest planet in our solar planet.
- Milkyway is type of galaxy.
- It is the unit of the average distance between the Earth and the sun.
- It is a large collection of stars, planets, meteorites and comets etc.
- It is known as the unique planet of our solar system because it is the only planet that has life.
- It is the smallest present in our solar system.
- This planet is often called morning and evening star.
- It is the highest mountain present in our solar system.
- It is the largest satellite of our solar system.
- They are icy celestial objects that travel all around the solar system.
(a)Name any two constellation.
(b)What is the other name of Pleiades in India?
(c)Name any two planets present in our solar system?
(d)What is the name of our natural satellite?
(e)What was the name of first artificial satellite?
link to this page by copying the following text
- NCERT Solutions
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science