Class 10 Science CONTROL AND COORDINATION Long Questions (Four Marks and Five Marks)
In this page we have Class 10 Science CONTROL AND COORDINATION Long Questions (Four Marks and Five Marks) . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social shar
and comment at the end of the page.
4 Marks Questions
1) How do muscle cells move?
2) Mention any two signals which will get disrupted in case of spinal injury.
3) What are reflex actions? Give two examples. Explain a reflex arc.
4) Draw a labeled structure of neuron and explain the function of any two of its parts.
5)(a)What happens at the synapse between two neurons?
(b) How is brain protected?
6) Draw a flow diagram of reflex are illustrating the sequence of events which occur when we withdraw our hand on being pricked by a pin.
7) Write the constituents of central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. State in brief the function of central nervous system.
8) State how concentration of auxin stimulates the ells to grow longer on the side of the shoot which is away from light.
9) Define phototropism. Explain it with an example.
10) Name and state briefly one function each of any three phyto – hormones.
11) You must have noticed that as you approached 10 – 12 years of age, many dramatic changes appeared in your body. State reason.
12) Draw a diagram showing the correct positions of pancreas, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland in human being.
13) Mention three characteristic features of hormonal secretions in human beings.
(a) Draw a diagram of human brain. Label on it Cerebrum, Cerebellum.
(b) What is the role of Cerebellum?
15) Name the hormone secreted by (a) pancreas (b) pituitary (c) thyroid. Write one function of each of the hormone.
16) In a neuron:
(i) Where does information received?
(ii) Through what information travels as an impulse?
(iii) Where does the impulse get converted into a chemical signal for outward transmission?
5 Marks Questions
1) Differentiate between tropic and nastic movements in plants.
2) (a) Name the system which communicates between the central nervous system and the other parts of the body. What does it consist of?
(b) Mention three components of hind brain and write one function of each.
3) With the help of suitable example explain the terms phototropism, geotropism and chemotropism.
4) Plants do not have nervous system like animals. In the absence of nervous system, how does control and coordination activities.
5) How do plants respond to external stimuli?
6) In the absence of muscle cells, how do plant cells show movement?
7) State two different types of movement in plants. Mention two points of difference between them.
8) (a)Define hormones. Write four characteristics of hormones in humans.
(b) Name the disorder caused by the following situations:
(i)Under secretion of growth hormone
(ii) Over secretion of growth hormone
(iii) Under secretion of insulin
(iv) Deficiency of iodine
9) When a person is scared, name the hormone which is directly secreted into the blood. Mention the gland which secretes this hormone.
10) Explain the need of chemical communication in multicellular organisms.
Thanks for visiting our website. DISCLOSURE: THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSUREÂ FOR MORE INFO.
Our aim is to help students learn subjects like
physics, maths and science for students in school , college and those preparing for competitive exams.