In this page we have Cell structure and functions Class 8 CBSE Practice questions . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Fill in the blank
- Many chemical reactions take place in the ________ to keep the cell alive.
- In a plant cell, the cell wall is made up of _________
- Centrioles help in _______
- Several organ systems together form a ____________ organism.
- ________destroy old and worn out cells.
- The longest cell in human body is _________
- _________ is the power house of the cell.
- The nucleus and the cytoplasm together make up the ___________
- __________ are organelles responsible for the colour other than green in plants.
- The organelle which is associated with protein synthesis ________
- The new cell that arise after cell division are called __________ cells.
- The plastid that help prepare food for the plant are ___________
- __________passing hereditary characters to the next generation.
- ____________giving rigidity to the cell.
- The organelle storing wastes in the plant cell is ____________
Short Answer Questions
What is a tissue?
What are genes? Write their function?
Why is the cell wall present in plant cells and not in animal cells?
Write the function of vacuole in animal cells?
Write the difference between cytoplasm and nucleoplasm?
Why is a cell membrane important to a cell?
What is cell division and why it is necessary?
What are dictyosomes?
What is microscope?
Write the function of nucleolus?
Long Answer Questions
Differentiate between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?
Write the functions of different types of plastids?
Name any two types of cells that are capable of changing their shape. How does this feature help them in their functions?
Explain the relationship between organ and organ system?
What are the lower levels of organization in multicellular organisms? Are these levels present in unicellular organisms?
1. What is cell?
2. State the key features of cell theory?
3. Who saw cells first and when?
4. Why is a cell membrane important to a cell?
5. Name two organelles present in plant cell but not present in an animal cell?
6. What do you mean by protoplasm?
7. What are the building blocks of life? Why are they so called?
8. Differentiate between unicellular and multicellular organisms?
9. What is cell division? Why it is necessary?
10. Write the functions of nucleus and chromosome?
11. What is function of ribosomes?
12. What are the differences between animal cell and plant cell?
13. Why are cells of different shapes and sizes? Give suitable example?
14. Why is lysosomes known as suicidal bag of the cell?
15. Draw a diagram of animal cell and plant cell?
Multiple Choice Questions
Which one of the following term is not a part of the nucleus?
A suitable term for the various components of cells is
(b) cell organelles
Cell is discovered by
(a) Robert Brown
(b) Robert Hooke
(c) John Mendal
(d) Charse Darwin
Green colour of leaves is due to presence of the pigment_____
The control unit of cell is
(b) Cell wall
(d) All of these
Identify the correct statement about cells.
(a) All the cells have nucleus.
(b) Cells of an organ have similar structure.
(c) Cells of a tissue have similar structure.
(d) Shape of all types of cells is round
Name the outer most boundary of the cell?
(a) Nuclear membrane
(c) Plasma membrane
(d) None of the above
The jelly like substance present inside the cell is known as:
Which of the following is not a cell?
Living substance of cell is called ____.
link to this page by copying the following text
- NCERT Solutions
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science