Check your Knowledge
Fill in the blanks
1. The __________________ is the basic structural and functional unit of life.
2. Cells make tissues, tissues make organs, organs make organ systems and organ systems make a __________________ .
3.Cells were discovered for the first time by __________________ in 1665.
4.Sizes of cells are measured in ______.
5.The longest cells in our body are the _____.
6.The thin outer layer of the Cell is called the ______.
7.The __________________ is a jelly-like substance that makes up most of the inside of the cell.
8. __________________ has the genes that help in transfer of characteristics from parent to the offspring.
9.__________________ are small rod-like structures.they are known as powerhouse of the cell.
10. The __________________ reticulum is a network of membranous tubes that connect the cell membrane with the nuclear membrane.
11. __________________ are called as suicidal bags.
12. The finger like projection in amoeba is called _____.
Check your Answers