What is Inductance
- Before defining inductance first of all, we will define an inductor.
- Like capacitor, inductor is another component commonly in electronic circuits.
- An inductor consists of a coil wound on a core or former of a suitable material like solid or laminated iron. core or ferrites which are highly ferromagnetic substances.
- when a current through an inductor changes am emf is induced in it which opposes this change of current in the inductor.
- This property of inductor or coil due to which it opposes change of current through it called the inductance denoted by letter L.
- Unit of inductance is henry(H).