The process of getting a full organism from its body part is called regeneration. This means that, in these organism, new organism can be reproduce from their cut body part.
The simple animals like hydra & planaria show regeneration. If hydra or planaria come how get cut into number of pieces, then each body piece can grow into a complete organism.
- The regeneration of an organism from its cut body part occurs by the process of growth & development.
- The cells of cut body part of the organism divide rapidly to make a ball of cells.
- The cells present in the ball of cells move to their proper places within the ball where they have to form various organs.
- The cells then change their shapes (or become specialized) to form different types of tissues.
- These different tissues form various organs & body part of the organism. In this way a complete organism is regenerated.
Class 11 Maths
Class 11 Physics