Reproduction in Organism Test Paper
- State the ploidy of gametes, if parent body is haploid?
- What is embryogenesis?
- Why are offsprings of oviparous animals at a greater risk as compared to the offsprings of viviparous animals?
- Why are mosses and liverworts unable to complete their sexual mode of reproduction in dry condition? Give reasons?
- A moss plant produces a large number of antherozoids but relatively a few egg cells. Why?
- Explain why meiosis and gametogenesis are always interlinked?
- Between an annual and perennial plant. Which one has a shorter juvenile phase? Why?
- Is there is a relationship between the size of an organism and its life span? Give two examples in support of your answer.
- Some fruits are seedless or contain empty or non-viable seeds. How are they propagated?
- How do spores help in survival under unfavourable conditions?
- Can you name a plant in which the sepals remain attached to the fruit?
- What is senescence phase?
- Give the examples of animals that exhibit oestrous cycle?
- All papaya plants bear flowers, but fruits are seen only in some. Explain?
- Differentiate between conidia and zoospores?
- Explain the significance of meiocytes in diploid organisms?
- What are continuous breeders and seasonal breeders?
- The cell division involved in gamete formation is not of the same type in different organisms. Justify?
- Differentiate between reptiles and frogs?
- Why is it difficult to define the phases of life in perennial plant?
- In a developing embryo, analyse the consequences, if cell divisions are not followed by cell differentiation?
Search Our Website