Practice Worksheets for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food
In this page we have Practice Worksheets for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Question 1 State True or False
(a) Deficiency of Iron causes Anaemia
(b) Vitamin D helps in clotting of blood
(c) Deficiency of Vitamin C Causes Scurvy
(d) Carbohydrates and fats mainly provide energy to our body.
(e) Some nutrients get lost in the process of cooking
(f) Dietary fibres are also known as roughage Answers
Question 2 Fill in the Blank
i. Sea Food is a rich source of ______.
ii. _______________helps in protecting our body against diseases.
iii. A solution of _________ and Caustic Soda is used to detect the presence of proteins.
iv. Food containing ______________ are often called the body building foods.
v. vitamin ________keeps our skin healthy.
vi. ___________ is essential for forming haemoglobin in the blood.
vii. Wounds take longer time to heal when we have deficiency of ___________.
viii. _______ for the body should contain a variety of food items. Answers
3. They are oxidized in the body into simple sugars like glucose.
5. They are also known as Dietary fibres
6. They are chemical substances that help in maintaining a healthy body
8. Proper functioning of thyroid gland. Down
1. It protects us from dehydration.
2. They act as building blocks and serve as materials helping in growth and repair of the body cells and tissues.
4. It is required to carry nerve impulses in the body
7. it is required for Formation of haemoglobin in red blood cells. Question 5[1 mark] FILL IN THE BLANKS
Fats provide ______ Energy compared to the same amount of carbohydrates.
Ghee/ oil is rich in ____
Water helps our body to absorb _______ from food.
Milk provides us ____, vitamin ,____ and ____
Carbohydrates found in our food are in the form of ______ and ______
This Practice Worksheets for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food with answers is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail. Download this assignment as pdf
link to this page by copying the following text Also Read