In this page we have fibre to fabric class 6 worksheet with answers . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Question 1 State True or False
(a) Weaving is the process of arranging two sets of yarns together perpendicular to each other to make a fabric.
(b) Knitting is a process that makes use of a single yarn to make a piece of fabric.
(c) Coconut fibre can be woven into fabric called coir.
(d) Fabrics are made up of strands called fibres which further are made of yarns.
(e) Acrylic is a natural fibre.
(f) The cotton fibres are collected by hand from the ripe cotton bolls. This process is called picking. Answer
(f)True Question 2
Fill in the Blank
(a) The process of making yarn from fibres is called ______ .
(b) _______________is the process of separation fibre from the seeds.
(c) A jute fibre is obtained from the _________ of the jute plants .
(d) Spinning devices are ______________ and ________________ .
(e) ____________ fibre is obtained from Flax seeds.
(f) Fibre which are not obtained from animal or plants and are made from chemical substances are called ___________ fibre.
(g) Weaving of fabric is done on ________ . Answer
Takli and Charka
Match the column
4. The rearing of silkworms for obtaining silk
5. The largest producer of silk.
6. Cotton fibres are separated from the seeds by combing this process
7. It Yields silk fibres. Down
1. the chief component of wool fibres
2. is a process that makes use of a single yarn to make a piece of fabric
3. It is made of fibres
4. The process of removing the fleece of the sheep along with a thin layer of skin is from its body Check your Answers