In this page we have Chemical effect of electric current Worksheet . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social share
and comment at the end of the page.
Fill in the blanks
True and False
- __________ are the smallest units of matter.
- The flow of electrons from the negative terminal of a source to the positive terminal in a closed circuit is called ____________.
- ________ are materials that permit electrons to flow freely from particle to particle.
- _________is the process of coating a metal with a thin layer of another metal by electrolysis.
- __________ and __________ are examples of the electrolytes.
Unscramble the words:
Name of the following:
- Gold and steel are the example of conductor.
- Electrodes are commonly made of metals such as platinum and zinc.
- Electroplating is the process by which water is decomposed into oxygen and hydrogen gas.
- Electrical conductivity involves a flow of current of free neutrons through a solid body.
- Pure form of water is a good conductor or electricity.
Very short answer type questions:
- The smallest units of matter.
- Positively charged particles.
- The flow of positive charges from the positive terminal to the negative terminal.
- A substance that conducts electricity when dissolved in water.
- Electric iron is the example of.
- Electrode where the oxidation takes place.
- The process which is used in industry for the production of oxygen and hydrogen gases.
- Objects that do not allow electricity to pass through them.
- Negatively charged particle by which a nucleus is surrounded.
- During the process of electrolysis changes occur.
(i)Give any two examples of conductor.
(ii)What is anode?
(iii)What is atom?
(iv)Name of particle of an atom ?
(v)Give any two example of non-electrolyte?
This Chemical effect of electric current Worksheet for Class 8 with answers is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feedback on the mail.
link to this page by copying the following text
Class 8 Maths
Class 8 Science