In this page we have Important Questions for Class 10 Metals and Non Metals -4 . Hope you like them and do not forget to like , social shar and comment at the end of the page.
Fill in the blanks:-
1. Nonmetals combine with oxygen to form_________ oxides.
2. Sulphur molecule is……………..
3. Best conductor of electricity is………….
4. A list of common metals arranged in order of their decreasing reactivity is known as an ________.
5. When concentrated H2SO4 comes in contact with sugar, it becomes black due to…..
6. The extraction of metals from ores and then refining them for use is known as _____.
7. The surface of some metals, such as iron, is corroded when they are exposed to moist air for a long period of time. This phenomenon is known as _____.
8. The best conductors of electricity are copper and ______ .
9. SO2 reacts with Cl2 in the presence of sun light to form……………
10. An alloy of any metals with mercury is called _____ and the electrical conductivity of an alloy is _______ than that of pure metals.
11. Stainless steel contains ________, _________ and ______.
12. A process employed for the concentration of sulphide ore is…….
13. An alloy containing copper (80%), zinc (10%) and tin (10%) is called……..
14. The method of removing volatile matter from carbonate ores is known as _______.
15. Bronze is an alloy of copper and _________ .
16. …………….processes is used in the extractive metallurgy of magnesium.
17. The main ore of copper is ________ .
18. The reagent is used in Baeer’s process………….
19. In electrolytic refining, impure metal is used as ________ .
20. A basic lining is given to a furnace by using………..
1. Sodium metal reacts with both hot water and steam.
2. Bromine is a liquid nonmetal at room temperature.
3. Metals can form positive ions by losing electrons to non- metals.
4. Different metals have same reactivity with water and dilute acids.
5. A more reactive metal displaces a less reactive metal from its salt solution.
6. Metals have low melting and boiling points.
7. Nonmetal reacts with hydrogen to form ionic hydride.
8. Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust.
9. The presence of carbon in pig iron makes it very soft and malleable.
10. Silver is the best conductor of electricity.
Fill in the blanks:-
4. Activity series
9. Sulphuryl chloride
10. Amalgam, less
11. Iron, chromium, carbon
12. Froth flotation
13. Gun metal
16. Fused salt electrolysis
17. Copper pyrites
20. Calcined dolomite