The sum of three consecutive odd natural numbers is 69. Find the prime number out of these numbers
Let the numbers be x , x+2 ,x+4
$x+ x+2 +x +4=69$
So Numbers are 21,23,25. The prime number out of these is 23
A positive number is 5 times another number. If 21 is added to both the numbers, then one of the new numbers become twice of another new numbers. Find the original numbers.
Let x be another number, then positive number will be 5x
$5x + 21 = 2(x + 21)$
So numbers are 105 , 21
The shifting of a number from one side of an equation to other is called
Question 8 Crossword Puzzle
1. Shifting of variable or constant from one side to another side
5. A statement formed when an equal sign in placed between two expressions.
7. The value of x for 2x -4=10 Down
2. The values for which the equation LHS equals RHS
3. If a term of an expression consists of a number multiplied by one or more variables, this number is the __________________ of the term
4. highest power of the variable in linear equation
6. Branch of mathematics concerned with operation by symbolic numbers
This Test Paper for Linear equations Class 8 maths Chapter 2 is prepared keeping in mind the latest syllabus of CBSE . This has been designed in a way to improve the academic performance of the students. If you find mistakes , please do provide the feebback on the mail.